Aspire Sw3-013

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This discussion was created from comments split from: Problem with 5.0 set up utility- aspire sw3-013.

Best Answer

• jackson357
    jackson357 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks.. I'll have to look up how to get to the battery.. :(   BUT.. I just used your advice on holding the power button till it turned off.. then hit the F2 at startup, and reset the bios. And BOOM ! The unit worked just fine :) So THANK YOU !

Answers

• jackson357
    Options
    Hi Jack e :)   Your solution stated, "gently insert paper clip into batter reset pinhole on bottom".  I'm looking endlessly, but don't see a Pinhole on the "bottom" of my Switch 10e. It's not that big of a unit, so it should be easy to locate.. BUT..  can I get a bit more direction please ?  Joe
  • jackson357
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks.. I'll have to look up how to get to the battery.. :(   BUT.. I just used your advice on holding the power button till it turned off.. then hit the F2 at startup, and reset the bios. And BOOM ! The unit worked just fine :) So THANK YOU !
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats on your success! The BIOS lithium coin cell may be getting weak. Entering the BIOS menu then exit and save settings usually resolves that issue till the next time.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ