My Acer R11 chromebook will mot turn on.

Bestwaifuaround
Bestwaifuaround Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
One day I turned off my acer r11 (CB5 model) and I've tried everything from refresh esc to just powering on normally. I have tried plugging in a hdmi cable but nothing appears.Nothing has worked but when I plug it in and I do refresh+power.,The power button blinks and I plugged in my phone, i could charge my phone and it seems I could turn on and off my chromebook

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Can you give us the full model number (CB5-xxx-xxxx)? I assume you have tried a long press of the power button to make sure it's fully turned off before trying to turn it on. Some models have a battery reset procedure that might help.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bestwaifuaround
    edited September 2020
    billsey said:
    Can you give us the full model number (CB5-xxx-xxxx)? I assume you have tried a long press of the power button to make sure it's fully turned off before trying to turn it on. Some models have a battery reset procedure that might help.

Sorry, didn't have access to my chromebook at the time but here it is: CB5-132T-C8ZW
  • billsey
    Try turning it off using the Refresh key in concert with the power button, wait a bit and then try turning it on again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bestwaifuaround
    billsey said:
    Try turning it off using the Refresh key in concert with the power button, wait a bit and then try turning it on again.
    Did not work but when I plug it into a monitor via hdmi, and turn it on, its just a black screen but the monitor responds as its connected to something. 

• billsey
    So you are getting power up to the video circuit... I'm coming up with nothing simple, try contacting Acer support to see if they have other ideas.