Low cpu and GPU utilization for nitro 7 AN715-51

Praveensura96
Praveensura96 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop got screen flickering issue as my intel graphics port is damaged on motherboard.so I got new motherboard from acer and had replaced under warranty.
I was able to play games with good fps before like call of duty high settings 70- 80 fps. But after my motherboard is replaced both my cpu and GPU are performing very low. I open task manager while game is running, for cpu it is showing 40% utlization with 1.2 ghz speed and it is slowly decreasing to 20 % utlization with 0.7 ghz and for GPU it is 3 to 10% utlization always. So iam getting very low fps in all games like call of duty 25 - 30 fps and gradually decreasing.  I set power plan to high performance and all drivers upto date. I even reinstalled windows.
Here are my specs:
I5 9300h @2.4 ghz upto 4.1ghz,
GTX 1660ti 6 gb,
16 gb ram
1 tb hdd ,256 gb SSD.
Can anyone provide solution please?

Answers

• Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Click on edit power plan settings, then advanced, then check what's the max limit in Maximum power state, it should be 100%, even 99% will prevent it from boosting : 

• Sometimes, when the main board is replaced, some information is not added correctly in the bios. Can you send a photo of the bios information tab? I would also check this link: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming#latest
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Praveensura96
    Sumanth said:
    Click on edit power plan settings, then advanced, then check what's the max limit in Maximum power state, it should be 100%, even 99% will prevent it from boosting : 

I verified it is same
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    This is refurbished MB and is used for Aspire Series as well and the TDP of the CPU and GPU are set to low by default and only Acer can unhide the settings in the BIOS in order to set the right TDP for your model. Call Acer and explain the above. Good luck!
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Praveensura96
    batmalin said:
    This is refurbished MB and is used for Aspire Series as well and the TDP of the CPU and GPU are set to low by default and only Acer can unhide the settings in the BIOS in order to set the right TDP for your model. Call Acer and explain the above. Good luck!
    My bios version old , if I update the bios version will it work and perform well?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Nope, because the update doesn`t change any settings, you can`t even update with this model name in the BIOS
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    You have to send the laptop to the repair center again, so the technician can correct this information:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)