My laptop is acer predator hellios 300 and in heat sink cpu fan is not working

Ritesh9869
Ritesh9869 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Moble:-ph315-51-73sr
I am Ritesh Fatehsingh, I purchased this laptop on October 2018 and just after 1 year I am facing so many problems in laptop like heat sink cpu fan is not working which having a technology of aero blades the metal one and hard disk cable is also damaged so I have taken my laptop to the nearest authorised service centre. In my laptop model the CPU fan is made up of metal and the GPU fan is of plastic.
But the authorised service centre people is tell me that they don't have the heat sink consists of one plastic and one metal rather than they have only available the heat sink consists of both metal fan.
 MY QUESTIONS 
1. IS IT COMPATIBLE TO MY MODEL 
2. IF I CHANGE THIS WITH BOTH METAL FAN, WILL I GET SOME PROBLEM IN FUTURE.
3. DOES IT EFFECT TO MY MAX RPM OF FAN BECAUSE BEFORE I AM GETTING AROUND 6100+ RPM.
4.WILL IT EFFECT ANY PERFORMANCE OF MY LAPTOP
 I attached both the photo what I have and what they are offering so plz check and Help me.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I also think that you will have no temperature problems. But I think the noise will be a little louder. In addition, you only replace the fan that is in trouble, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    They should have told you if thats actually compatible and all your other doubts, did you ask them if they could ask someone who knows?
  • Ritesh9869
    They just told it will compatible to your model but not in confidence.
  • Sumanth
    Sumanth Member Posts: 103 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    They just told it will compatible to your model but not in confidence.
    Oh well in that case you should be fine, metal fans are usually better as said by Acer, maybe it's not what the fan is made out of but more of a design change for efficiency. It should be better in theory. Maybe even higher RPM (or it could actually be tied to Predator sense so the CPU and GPU RPM's might be exactly the same as before).
    Anyways, I see no harm. 
    If you see something fishy, you can always go back until your warranty ends.
  • Ritesh9869
    But the problem is that my laptop is out of warranty so I have to pay the amount of the part, so that why I am worrie
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I also think that you will have no temperature problems. But I think the noise will be a little louder. In addition, you only replace the fan that is in trouble, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ritesh9869
    Sir they don't have sperate metal fan, they have only whole heat sink and sir I live in Visakhapatnam, India. So I don't get any wedsite who give me sperate metal fan, sir if you have any site in your mind who can deliver this metal fan to India please suggest me.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2020
    Ritesh9869 the aeroblade fans are acer proprietary they are only available via acer parts partners you would have to contact acer support in order to find the nearest parts partner but if your ok with the plastic delat fans you can use them they still work fine on both cpu/gpu as long as its properly repasted with kryonaut or similar there wont be much difference in temps from the aeroblade to the plastic delta probably 5+ degrees or so in fact the aeroblade gather much more dust than the delta as the dust stick to the metal much easier you can also pm @Kev0806 or visit his store  he is an acer parts partner from CA good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/