New Laptop, New Charger, Charger is no longer working Acer A515-43

camvaledmcamvaledm Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello! I need urgent help as I have zoom meeting for class soon. I bought an Acer A515-43 for school over the summer; I only use this computer for school and after many frustrations with my macbooks decided to try this laptop due to its high reviews on amazon. I have had no problems except I always noticed the charger didn't quite fit well into its port, but it still charged and I didn't worry. The other day in the middle of class my charger, still plugged in, stopped charging and the LED light turned off. I need to twist and shove it around for it to charge, and while it normally will start charging, it has finally refused to charge. I do not have much charge left in the computer and I woke up with excruciating pain (I have chronic illnesses) so I cannot go to the store to get a charger, and looking online for help has been overwhelming as there is an abundance of information but I do not know what will help or what to do. I just want my charger to work. I am very upset about this and considering returning to macs, they were awful but I never had an absurd charging issue like this. What can I do to make my charger work? The laptop and cord are not even 4 months old. 

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 23,749 Trailblazer
    Peer into the laptop charger jack with a flashlight. There should be a slider contact or two visible that must contact the outer ring of the charger plug. Use a toothpick to try to bend these sliders toward the center pin so they press harder on the outer ring contact of the charger plug. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ