Acer Swift 3 13 Hinge Problem What do you think I should do?

Ece
Ece Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello, I bought an Acer Swift 3 13 months ago, it's still under warranty here. As you can see in the photos, the hinge broke. There were no falling down or it didn't hit anywhere. I was opening the lid and there were a crackling sound, two small plastic particles fell off. I didn't close the lid after that, there is so much stress, the bezel come off as I try to close the lid. I saw some other hinge problems on the internet about Acer laptops, is it the chronic issue of these models? What do you think I should do? Is it under warranty?
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• ibrahimx
    ibrahimx Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello, I have the same laptop and the same problem. Did they repair it under warranty or ask for money? They want me to pay 1750 TL for a hinge despite it has warranty.
  • Ece
    ibrahimx said:
    Hello, I have the same laptop and the same problem. Did they repair it under warranty or ask for money? They want me to pay 1750 TL for a hinge despite it has warranty.
    They didn't. But I'm surprised they wanted 1750 TL for that, it was about 3700 TL for me. Good luck! 
  • Sam_v
    Sam_v Member Posts: 1 New User

Omg. Im having the same problem right now. I cant open the lid completely coz there's crackling sound and i dont want to get it worse. Can this still be repaired? And how long does the repair last?

• Ece

@Sam_v I got it repaired but I don't remember which parts changed. There was some backlight bleeding after repairing but it wasn't much. My sister uses this laptop right now and it's still completely fine!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

The least expensive repair is to rebuild the screw mounts using a good epoxy. If Acer repairs it they will replace the case halves, which is where the more expensive numbers come from.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.