Acer Nitro not charging after coming out of suspend mode Nitro AN517-51

Options
MindTrick
MindTrick Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I purchased a Nitro AN517-51 a few months back. Love the machine, for the price super happy.

Was not so happy when I woke up one morning and it would not charge.

I googled the issue, and searched these forums. Super common issue it seems.

Anyway what "fixed" it for me was the method of unplugging the battery, booting the system up, power down, plug battery back in, boot up, good to go.

However, it kept happening. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the battery drivers as suggested in other forum posts, but this NEVER had any effect on the issue.

I finally tracked down the trigger. Seems every time the system goes into suspend mode, when it comes back up it will not charge the battery.

So I disabled all the suspend mode triggers and I have had 0 issues since.

Now this is fine for me, but it bugs me that it's not functioning correct. Thoughts anyone?

Answers

• MindTrick
    MindTrick Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just a bump, still have no idea why
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    edited September 2020
    Options
    It is an ACPI BIOS bug/error but windows doesn`t tells you, however from linux I know that I have the exact same issue, never experienced a single one, but the kernel  tells me every boot what is the issue with the BIOS. Acer fixed some things but not all. Because the BIOS is preset and locked, you are not able to fix/adjust some settings and eliminate the bugs/issues. Enjoy your laptop and care less about the bugs.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158