New Laptop Battery Draining quick. Aspire 3 A315-55G-536L

frappuo
frappuo Member Posts: 7 New User
edited September 2020 in Aspire Laptops
I recently purchased(2 months ago) my Acer Aspire 3 A315-55G-536L Laptop; 8GB RAM, i5 10th gen core and a nvidia MX230 gpu. The battery health is poor and 100 percent lasts for only around 2.5 hours when it should be lasting around 5-6 hours. This is during regular use like chrome browsing, documentation, youtube etc:-. The life fluctuates as some days i get a good usage of around 5 or 6 hours but recently dropped to around 1 or 2 hours. Please provide some fix or recommend anything.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg   /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot of the top portion of report if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frappuo
    Here you go, i noticed its a bit lower than its design capacity. 
  • JackE
    >>>The life fluctuates as some days i get a good usage of around 5 or 6 hours>>>

Battery capacity looks fine. Your personal daily usage fluctuations will probably explain the daily fluctuations. Use task manager to monitor how many applications or tabs you may have running at any one time. Check CPU, GPU and HDD/SSD usage. Game playing and 2D/3D rendering usually cause big current drains to feed the CPU and GPU. If you have any non-Microsoft antivirus running in the background (eg McAfee, Norton, AVG, etc) you should uninstall them as they can be big current drains when surfing the net. Most folks only need Windows Defender and MalicousSoftwareRemovalTool these days. You can also increase battery life by reducing screen brightness and changing your ControlPanel power plan from performance mode to balanced or power saver modes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frappuo
     While playing games I plug it in otherwise the game just stutters and lags. Ill try uninstalling the antivirus i have, as windows defender like you said seems to do the job. And it is on balanced mode.The first thing i do after booting my laptop is to end all the useless tasks and i have all the startup apps disabled. Ill try re calibrating the laptop to fix it. Anyways, thank you for your time and enjoy the rest of your day boss ❤🤝. Just HMU here if you have any other fixes or things which can maybe do the trick
  • JackE
    The battery must be near 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting any high load games for maximum play time. Some games actually demand  more power than the charger can supply and therefore also drain the battery to complement even though plugged in. In these cases, when battery charge level drops to about 50% you may see throttling start to appear and disappear with the charger diverting power to the battery as a precedent. Probably time to take a break from playing the game anyway.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frappuo
    The battery dropping while charging has never happened even on high load games like Modern Warfare and GTA V. So ig idh that issue. And yeah most of the time its near 100 percent as i would keep it for charging before i start doing my homework or studies so i can relax with my friends after it. And gaming wise the max i go continuously is 4 hours and thats very rare. 2.5, 3 hours is what I average. Well then, thanks for the response.
  • JackE
    >>>The battery dropping while charging has never happened >>>

Does this mean you always keep an eye on the charge icon or LED while gaming to make sure it's not flickering?  :)  At any rate, the battery report shows it to be in good shape. Which app reported that it was in poor health?    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frappuo
    It was just my assumption because i wasnt getting the normal output of time it used to previously give and just now i noticed that my laptop is really really hot just from watching a movie. And yeah i do check in between if its charging properly or any issues etcetera.
  • BEEJAY19
    BEEJAY19 Member Posts: 4 New User
    how to restore my batter full charge capacity?

• rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    you can't, the battery is wearing while the time is passing.
  • BEEJAY19
    BEEJAY19 Member Posts: 4 New User
    my battery fullcharge capacity dropped form 32k to 21k, what should I do?
  • JackE
    Keep using the battery till it starts giving you problems. Until then, don't worry about it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SaravanaM
    SaravanaM Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently purchased(7 days ago) my Acer Aspire 3 A315- Laptop; 8GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 11th gen core and a AMD Radeon vega graphics

. The battery health is poor and 100 percent lasts for only around 2.5 hours when it should be lasting around 5-6 hours. This is during regular use like chrome browsing, documentation, youtube etc:-. The life fluctuates as some days i get a good usage of around 5 or 6 hours but recently dropped to around 1 or 2 hours. Please provide some fix or recommend anything.

• JackE

Battery health and capacity looks good to me. 5-6 hours is usually achieved with screen brightness reduced to 50% and any non-Microsoft virus scanner disabled or uninstalled. Chrome browser can sometimes be a big drain depending on websites visited. You should try FireFox instead.

Jack E/NJ