Internet Issues Switch 12

E128908
E128908 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have the Acer Alpha Switch 12, for about 3 years already. It’s a fairly good computer, but I’ve run into an issue. The laptop is not connecting to my internet. There’s nothing wrong with the internet itself because all my electronics are working perfectly fine on it. Its connected to the network but not the internet itself. I’ve tried resetting the computer, resetting the network, restarting the computer, troubleshooting it and troubleshooting the adapters. Nothing is working and I don’t know what to do. I need this for homework. 

Answers

• E128908 said:
    I have the Acer Alpha Switch 12, for about 3 years already. It’s a fairly good computer, but I’ve run into an issue. The laptop is not connecting to my internet. There’s nothing wrong with the internet itself because all my electronics are working perfectly fine on it. Its connected to the network but not the internet itself. I’ve tried resetting the computer, resetting the network, restarting the computer, troubleshooting it and troubleshooting the adapters. Nothing is working and I don’t know what to do. I need this for homework. 

Could be your WiFi/BT card might be faulty and/or the card has gotten lose from its slot inside or its antenna wires are lose. Open up you Alpha Switch 12 and check the WiFi/BT card connection and antenna wires or reinstall its WiFi/BT cards drivers. Also you can try (whenever it goes off the web) pressing the F3 key or its Fn + F3 keys together to reconnect to the internet.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,442 Trailblazer
    The F3/Fn-F3 magic is airplane mode, which disables the WiFi and Bluetooth for use in those areas that don't allow it. The SA12 is a little tricky to open, be aware that there's a small ribbon cable that goes between the pogo pins and the motherboard that is easily broken when you take the display off, so be gentle.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.