No SATA mode in my bios - PREDATOR HELIOS 300 - PH315-53

Options
TxG
TxG Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everyone,

I’ve just bought a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 - PH315-53, and I want to install a Linux instead of Windows.
But for that, I have to disable the RST. There is no option for that in the bios.
I thought I could do that after enabling the AHCI but same : no SATA mode that I can change.
Third I tried to enable legacy mode instead of UEFI : always the same problem, the UEFI is the only option available.
Of course I first disabled the secure mode after setting a supervisor password.

I have absolutely no idea where I can find those options or how I can activate them.
Maybe someone could help me (and sorry for my bad English). Thanks.

Best Answer

• TxG
    Answer ✓
    Options
    [solved] To access to the option to switch to AHCI, I had to press Ctrl+s in the bios, in the main menu.

Answers

• TxG
    Options
    Sorry I forget to say that my bios version is V1.01
  • StevenGen
    Options
    TxG said:
    Sorry I forget to say that my bios version is V1.01

This happens because your HDD format is in “GUID Partition Table (GPT)” and the laptop always reverts to UEFI. Try to reformat the HDD and then boot into BIOS and try changing it after that, also, your SATA Mode should be in [AHCI Mode] not in any other settings.

• TxG
    Options
    Oh no, it is not that. I haven’t done my partitions yet and there is still Windows 10 installed (which doesn’t use GPT, I believe). The SSD isn’t recognized and can’t be until I can change for AHCI.
  • TxG
    Answer ✓
    Options
    [solved] To access to the option to switch to AHCI, I had to press Ctrl+s in the bios, in the main menu.
This discussion has been closed.