Acer Spin 11 Chromebook will not power

Options
Reltub
Reltub Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought my son a Acer Spin 11 Jul-2019.
Jan 2020 the unit failed to start and the only diagnostic tool I had was the Power LED on the left side next to the power connect.
I would blink orange 5 time followed by a single blue blink and this sequence repeats at least 20 times
I sent the unit back to Acer and they received, repaired and sent the unit back in the same day. I did not get any info back from Acer as to what the issue was.

Here I am 3 days before my son is about to start his remote learning at school and the unit wont power up and is exhibiting the same issue.

Help, 
Reltub

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Do you know which Spin 11 model it is? Some have a battery reset button under a pinhole in the case. With power removed and using a bent paper clip you can press that button for 15-30 seconds, then wait 15-30 minutes before reconnecting power. Wait until the light shows that you have a full charge and turn it back on. That should clear it up if the issue is the battery getting confused...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Reltub
    Reltub Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    My son’s chrome book model number is N16Q14 and it is CP1511-1H series. 

It does not have a pin hole in the bottom that I could stick a paper clip in to reset the battery unless it is under one of the ID stickers. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not finding anything like a CP1511-1H model number. Chromebooks are often CBxxx-xx-xxxx models, but I think the Spins are CPxxx-xx-xxxx. Maybe a CP311-1H-xxx?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.