looking for Acer Q87H3-AM motherboard manual in order to find fit ram for my computer.

BryanGarcia
BryanGarcia Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

im looking for the Acer Q87H3-AM motherboard manual in order to find fit ram for my computer. I do not know if my motherboard can support 2Rx8 ram 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Hello,
    What laptop model do you own exactly? P/N?
    France
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @BryanGarcia
    Your motherboard will support up to 32 GB (i.e. 4 x 8 GB), supporting DDR3 1600/1333 MHz. How about take out the original memory stick, get the product number and match the new one with it? If the old one is a 4GB RAM , you can buy a pair of 8 GB RAM of DDR3 @ 1600 M Hz to replace it.
  • User392
    User392 Member Posts: 1 New User

@BryanGarcia Were you able to solve their problem? I am also looking to upgrade the RAM, but unfortunately it does not work.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Problem: I bought new RAM for a PC. 2x8GB DDR3. If I put the two new RAM bars in and want to start the PC, it restarts again and again without entering the BIOS. Even if I insert the old RAM bar again in addition. In addition, the fan turns up. But no beeps. Bios was reset and really can't be set in it.

RAM in comparison:

-> Old: 4GB 1Rx8 PC3L - 1280U-11-12-A

-> New: 8GB 2Rx8 PC3 - 1200U-11-12-B1

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Your old memory and new memory run at different voltages. You need DDR3L memory at the same speed as the original, not the higher voltage DDR3 without the L.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.