Windriver autorun? Swift 1

Options
mrfiskare
mrfiskare Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello Everyone!

I have an Acer Swift 1 14" which came with Linux preinstalled. I successfully managed to install Windows 10 Education and I would like to install the Windows 10 drivers from the partition called "WINDRIVER".

The file structure has a file called autorun.

I assume that it auto installs drivers for the system, but I can't run it.

Would you help me get it runned?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Autorun is a special file that is used on CDs and DVDs to automatically run something when the disc is inserted. My guess is the driver folder is an image made from a CD. There should be more files in the folder than just the autorun file. Give us a screenshot of the folder and maybe we can puzzle out which is supposed to run to do the installs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mrfiskare
    mrfiskare Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Autorun is a special file that is used on CDs and DVDs to automatically run something when the disc is inserted. My guess is the driver folder is an image made from a CD. There should be more files in the folder than just the autorun file. Give us a screenshot of the folder and maybe we can puzzle out which is supposed to run to do the installs.
    Hi there! I actually found the executable. It was inside a folder called AutoRunX or stg. like that. I can't post screenshot now, because I'm not at home. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Good enough, no need to post a pic if you have it sorted. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.