How to get better sound in Acer Predator Helios 300

Hectic_FPV
Hectic_FPV Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I have been using my Acer Predator Helios 300 for a few weeks and while I knew going in reviews stated the speakers weren't great I am really disappointed at just how low they really are. Some games I can't even hear dialog and have to put on headphones, is this as good as it gets and will I just have to use headphones or is there someway to increase the levels?
Thanks!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Hectic_FPV
    Answer ✓
    StevenGen said:
    So I have been using my Acer Predator Helios 300 for a few weeks and while I knew going in reviews stated the speakers weren't great I am really disappointed at just how low they really are. Some games I can't even hear dialog and have to put on headphones, is this as good as it gets and will I just have to use headphones or is there someway to increase the levels?
    Thanks!

Firstly have you got the volume at its max level? As with laptop sound its very hard to give any great HD sound quality through their small speakers, the software can only enhance the sound so much. Try to get external speakers either wired through the sound jack or Bluetooth as there is a great variety of  speakers that will give you excellent HD sound.

Yes I have the volume at 100% also I tried using the DTS sound software which increased levels a bit, I hadn't considered external speakers of which I have a powered set of some older Logitech with subwoofer. Thanks

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,688 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    Thanks!

Firstly have you got the volume at its max level? As with laptop sound its very hard to give any great HD sound quality through their small speakers, the software can only enhance the sound so much. Try to get external speakers either wired through the sound jack or Bluetooth as there is a great variety of  speakers that will give you excellent HD sound.

• Hectic_FPV
    Answer ✓
    StevenGen said:
    Thanks!

Yes I have the volume at 100% also I tried using the DTS sound software which increased levels a bit, I hadn't considered external speakers of which I have a powered set of some older Logitech with subwoofer. Thanks
  • Hectic_FPV
    Also I didn't expect HD sound honestly I read and watched many reviews and I got this laptop for the rest of the specs but my 2018 laptop (not mentioning brand) has much better sound that the new Predator so I was concerned I was doing something wrong. I mean I was playing GR Breakpoint and I literally cannot hear the dialoge so I was freaking out. Thanks again.
  • Hectic_FPV
    Thanks again for the recommendation, I completely forgot I got this bluetooth speaker last year as a gift! The thing sounds amazing!!!!!!!
    Fender Monterey Tweed BT Speaker  Thomann United States