Acer Swift 3 SF314-41-R1HQ Ram Upgrade

snowballllFBGG
snowballllFBGG Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I want to ask if I can upgrade the ram.. my laptop is Swift 3 SF314-41-R1HQ. Thanks in advance. :)

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)?
    France
  • snowballllFBGG
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)?
    Hi sorry for the late reply, the first ten characters are NXHEYSP001.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello,
    No problem :). Your laptop supports up to 12GB DDR4 2400MHz (4GB onboard + 1 memory module of 8GB). You can add one memory module of 4 or 8GB.
    France
  • snowballllFBGG
    Hello,
    No problem :). Your laptop supports up to 12GB DDR4 2400MHz (4GB onboard + 1 memory module of 8GB). You can add one memory module of 4 or 8GB.
    Hi it's me again, I'm super confused to be honest because I researched a bit and here in the acer community someone said it supports 2666MHz ram ... It's the same model, SF314-41-R1HQ. Also, if I run 'wmic memorychip get speed' I get 2666.. I am really confused and I don't want to buy the wrong ram frequency.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    You are correct, your SF314-41 model supports the 2666 DDR4 memory. You should have 4GB soldered in the motherboard and a slot that supports either a 4GB or 8GB module.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.