Can I run 144Hz on an external monitor? - Predator Helios 300 G3 572-75L9

Landro
Landro Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

I am planning to buy an AOC Hero 144Hz monitor. I have the Acer Predator Helios 300 G3 572-75L9 notebook, I know it has the HDMI 2.0 port, the AOC monitor has the 1.4 port (which can run 144 on that port). The question is, will I be able to run 144Hz on the monitor or just 60Hz?

Best Answer

• Edubencz
    Edubencz Member Posts: 71 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Yes, since you use the display port... I have this Hero 144hz model too, works fine in my Helios!

Answers

• Edubencz
    Answer ✓
    Yes, since you use the display port... I have this Hero 144hz model too, works fine in my Helios!
  • Landro
    Edubencz said:

I don't use the display port. I use HDMI 2.0 (Helios) and 1.4 (Monitor). Will I be able to run 144Hz with these ports?
  • Edubencz
    Landro said:
    Edubencz said:

I don't use the display port. I use HDMI 2.0 (Helios) and 1.4 (Monitor). Will I be able to run 144Hz with these ports?
    @Landro, I did a teste here.. Using the HDMI here in my Helios and Hero only outputs to 120HZ max... 144hz not available trough HDMI
  • Landro
    Edubencz said:
    Landro said:
    Edubencz said:

@Landro, I did a teste here.. Using the HDMI here in my Helios and Hero only outputs to 120HZ max... 144hz not available trough HDMI
    @E@Edubencz Ok bro, thanks