Acer Aspire 3 A315-42-R9MQ Stuck on black screen at start up?

Options
Jeff_Will
Jeff_Will Member Posts: 2 New User
I have tried a power drain and I have tried pressing f2 and fn + f6 at start up. Unfortunately neither of which has worked. When you power it on the Power light and the fan start running but other than that nothing happens. I have not used this laptop in a while so im not sure when the issue could have started

Model Name: A315-42-R9MQ
Model No:N19C1

Thanks

Jeff

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the backlight on the screen come on, giving a dark gray instead of fully black? If not can you shine a flash light at an angle to the screen and see faint traces of what's supposed to be there? The other thing to try is to connect an external monitor to see if that comes up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jeff_Will
    Jeff_Will Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me

I have tried connecting it to an external monitor bit it shows no signal. there is also no trace of any back light on the machine

Thanks

Jeff
  • billsey
    Options
    If there's no trace of a backlight, can you see any faint indications of the login screen when you shine a flashlight on the screen? If it's there then we're dealing with a bad backlight, if it's not then it's something deeper in the system. No signal to an external monitor points more at the latter than the former. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • uriahjames
    uriahjames Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

The same thing happened to me my friend punched it and it has a black screen but is not cracked but if you shine a light on it you can see it pls help me

• SureCanDoComputers
    SureCanDoComputers Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Try removing the SSD or hard drive and then see if it turns on with Acer logo, sometimes if primary storage have issues, this is also the result.

• billsey
    Options

If shining a flashlight shows faint traces of the correct display then we know the issue is with the screen backlight and not with the display circuits. Repairing that relies on replacing the screen itself, since the backlight isn't separate.