my acer aspire switch 10 is stuck on "preparing Automatic Repair screen' .

latchk
latchk Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
i have tried pressing the power several times, tried f2 on boot up, tried alt f10 on boot up.  NOTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING . it keeps returning to the same screen, preparing Automatic Repair screen'

PLEASE HELP 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited September 2020
    latchk said:
    i have tried pressing the power several times, tried f2 on boot up, tried alt f10 on boot up.  NOTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING . it keeps returning to the same screen, preparing Automatic Repair screen'

PLEASE HELP 
    Try these steps:
    • Method 1: Boot in Safe Mode and Troubleshoot Windows Black Screen. If there is only a minor issue that has caused this.
    • Method 2: Repair MBR and Rebuild BCD. Both, Master Boot Record (MBR) and Booting Configuration Data (BCD) need repairing.
    • Method 3: Reinstall the Graphics Driver. Besides firmware, there can be an issue with the graphics drivers that are on your system.
    • Method 4: Rolling Back the Graphics Driver. If you have updated your graphics driver in and before this loop happens.
    If you need more detil(s) of how to do all the above, then see these more comprehensive and detailed steps here: https://techviral.net/fix-the-windows-10-automatic-repair-loop/