Acer Nitro 5, 2020 model - Keyboard issue (Poor responsiveness) - AN517-52

Gandrup
Gandrup Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, I just bought a brand new Acer Nitro 5 (AN517-52) 2020 model and i'm quite excited about it, however after setting it up I went to play some games and thats when i discovered that the keyboard has quite poor responsiveness. Apparently you must be very precise when clicking any keys, because if you just hit corners or the lower half of the keys, your clicks does not always register. This quickly becomes very annoying when playing or when typing - to the point where its almost impossible to type a full sentence without making any typos. For a better understanding I've made a small video showcasing the problem: https://youtu.be/G2eaHd_QSIQ
I feel like this can't be right and it must be a production error or something. I wonder if anyone else has this problem and if there is a way to easily fix it. I really want to keep this laptop but if this can't be fixed, I will have to return it.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Gandrup
    Gandrup Member Posts: 3 New User
    Not sure how/if I can edit my post but I just want to mention another weird behavior with this keyboard; when I press a key and hold it (for instance "W" when running forward in a game) and I slightly loosen the force/weigth which I press the key with, it often registers as if I released the key even though I haven't. This creates a very stuttering and annoying feel, especially when gaming. 
  • lonkeelay
    lonkeelay Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'd like to add on to this by saying the AN515 model has the same exact issue. I contacted support about it and they said it wasn't an issue because the problem happens to every key.
  • PEBinNC
    PEBinNC Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too have a brand new Nitro 5 and the keyboard is very poor performing.  The keys are sticky and do not always register. Has anyone found a solution or tried to approach Acer with the issue?
  • TheSentinel
    TheSentinel Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is SUCH a shame because I liked the laptop otherwise! I returned my device to the seller because of that issue.
  • Emir0723
    Emir0723 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem and its pretty annoying.