Acer Nitro AN515-52 Built In Microphone not working in Zoom and Meet

Options
PRANJAL1984
PRANJAL1984 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello friends, I had purchased Acer Nitro AN515-52 in March 2019 and is currently under extended warranty plan till 2022. My laptop was not having any issues however when I started attending web seminars during this pandemic, I found that built in microphone is not at all working. So I am just a mute observer in Zoom meetings and Google Meet. I have browsed through the topics in this Acer Community forum and have attempted all trouble shooting tips mentioned here like deleting device driver of Microphone Array and Realtek Sound Drivers from Device Manager but unfortunately it has been of much help since situation remains the same. So I am left with a Laptop where I can't participate in Video Conferences and Web Seminars. I normally use this laptop alone in separate room so I do not use any headphones with microphones. Therefore I need to rely on built in microphones.
Requesting help and tips from our experienced colleagues here so that above issue can be addressed

Best Answer

• PRANJAL1984

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Acer Service Center has replaced the camera and microphone module. Microphone is now working normally. I have collected the laptop yesterday. Now even after upgrading Realtek sound drivers, microphone is working as expected.

Answers

• PRANJAL1984

Tinkerer

Options
    After trying endlessly for a resolution, I have finally opened a case with Acer India under warranty. Warranty of this laptop is valid upto 2022. It is a case of onsite warranty. The service engineer visited my office and attempted troubleshooting. However problem remained unresolved. He informed that factory reset has to be attempted. The laptop was finally carried over to Acer Service Centre. Now it is informed there might be hardware issue somewhere. Does that mean all Acer Nitros which have suffered similar microphone issues , are actually having hardware defect which disables the built in microphone?
  • PRANJAL1984

Tinkerer

Options
    Service center has informed that they have ordered for replacement microphone.
  • PRANJAL1984

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    Acer Service Center has replaced the camera and microphone module. Microphone is now working normally. I have collected the laptop yesterday. Now even after upgrading Realtek sound drivers, microphone is working as expected.