Aspire 5 special character keys How can I type the British pound symbol and the slash?

LauraAspire
LauraAspire Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops
The Aspire 5 keyboard has several keys with a number of characters, such as one key with the numeral 3, a hashtag, a slash and a British pound symbol. I am able to type the numeral 3 and, using the shift key, the hashtag. How can I type the British pound symbol and the slash? Left Alt-Shift and Alt Car do not seem to work. Does it matter which input language is selected? 
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Hello,
    Have you tried with [Fn]?
    I think these keys only work with the French Canadian keyboard.
    France
  • FernieGirl
    FernieGirl Member Posts: 1 New User
    @LauraAspire did you ever find a resolution?  I have the same question about accessing these alternate characters.  There is an Alt Car key that I suppose is part of the solution but I can't make it do anything.
  • LauraAspire
    LauraAspire Member Posts: 2 New User
    @FernieGirl Yes,sort of. I installed the English United Kingdom language pack, and now I can type the pound £ and Euro € signs but seem to have lost the ability to type a hashtag unless I switch to Canadian English. Ridiculously complicated! It seems so strange there's no info from Acer on how to do this. 
  • Lilian62
    Lilian62 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I have a new computer! after so many years finally I gave in and purchased a new, faster and more efficient laptop.  One problem, the new keyboard is completely different from the old one.  I will like to have a sheet of where or how to use the different characters, Please

thank you
  • Bling2022
    Bling2022 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am finding this new keyboard very frustrating. Too many symbols on many keys and no ability to figure out how to use them. Would have been better just to have the cleaner key look. 
  • fady999
    fady999 Member Posts: 1 New User

Simple solution of this problem is press right shift and the key that shows capital A above it in white font

• ReaderRiley
    ReaderRiley Member Posts: 4 New User

I have been all over and have determined the correct solution to this problem. Purchase a keyboard that is not designed by Acer and just use it normally.