Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H SSD upgrade

eac4769
eac4769 Member Posts: 1 New User
Will these ASX8200PNP-512GT-C  and CT500P1SSD8  work on Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H, I have attached pics the M.2 connector. I seem to have the B key edge connector.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,782 Trailblazer
    The specsheet indicates a SATA3 m.2 socket though it looks like an nvme will fit and probably work OK but probably only at SATA3 speeds. Hard to tell from your phoneshot. Download hwinfo64 freeware to see if your PCIe bus supports 2x or 4x link widths.  If only 1x, you'd be wasting your money on an nvme. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Have a look at this and what your Aspire E5-576-392H compatible upgrades are here: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/acer/aspire-e5-576-392h as the M.2 SSD is the 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD and it’s the B Key type and the NVMe is not compatible and your Aspire E5-576-392H will never ever run at NVMe speeds as it will only run at SATA 3 - 6Gb/s speeds.

• ImmanuelG
    ImmanuelG Member Posts: 3 New User
    Does anyone know if these crucial products are compatible with a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H? CT1000P2SSD8 and CT1000P1SSD8. Please help.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    ImmanuelG said:
    Does anyone know if these crucial products are compatible with a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H? CT1000P2SSD8 and CT1000P1SSD8. Please help.
    ImmanuelG,

I could not confirm the working of Crucial products. However, I would like to share the specs & list of compatible SSD's tested & released officially by Acer. 

Hope this helps!!

Regards, 
    Balatekie
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• JackE
    This link shows the recommended crucial upgrades for the E5-576-392H

Jack E/NJ

• Andrepartthree
    Andrepartthree Member Posts: 23 Networker

apologies for posting on a thread started in the year 2020 :) .. the thing is these threads show up in a google search for say someone looking for "m2 drive " for this particular laptop model, E5-576-392H , so I thought I'd post here in case it helps someone else who has this laptop.. I also have this exact laptop model.

The m2 upgrade that worked for me was the "ADATA SU800 512GB M.2 2280 SATA 3D NAND Internal SSD (ASU800NS38-512GT-C) " … hopefully the amazon link below works but if not it's asin number on the amazon website and you can search by that asin number ‎B01M3Z3UC2 .. this m2 drive came out in the year 2016 so you almost certainly would have to buy it used … I will also link the spec sheet for it below ..

I know the amazon description (which isn't always accurate I know) says something about it using both the M and B key not sure what that means :P …

Honestly I have no idea if you could put a newer m2 drive in here or not I guess it's one of those try it and see things.. make sure it's from a place with a good return policy (I've found sold and shipped by amazon or sold and shipped by newegg or oddly enough sold and shipped by walmart to work out best due to their great return policies, I'd avoid 3rd party sellers unless it's the only way you can get the older adata drive above), plug it in and see what happens.. this was a while ago but I think I just created acer rescue media (think there's an acer recovery program in there you can use to do this?) on a usb thumb drive, went into bios, set the m2 drive as the new boot drive and then booted from the acer rescue media to install onto the m2 drive though of course the problem is you now have two C/Windows drives in the laptop (didn't create a problem for me and I was able to just format the 1 TB drive the laptop came with that had the C drive on it )… you could google search for the free version of macrium reflect version 7 and use that instead (there are tutorials on youtube that tell you how to create a macrium reflect usb bootable thumb drive and how to create a backup of acer then restore from it , there's a wonderful guide by a super helpful guy on here I will link below too :)

https://www.amazon.com/ADATA-SU800-M-2-512GB-ASU800NS38-512GT-C/dp/B01M3Z3UC2/ref%3Dsr_1_1?crid=1QOSJ29ZXMC6W&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.OrssbtlCDWNa3U5wUQk2Nw.wyn4F_nJC8M_3mNp1B-moftB6SQ0diZAaaq5k52GsI0&dib_tag=se&keywords=ASU800NS38-512GT-C&qid=1715987313&sprefix=asu800ns38-512gt-c%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-1&th=1

• Andrepartthree
  • Andrepartthree

best guide ever I've seen for acer laptops using macrium reflect :) … I caution you to look for the macrium reflect 7 free version unless you don't mind the macrium reflect 8 version that's currently being offered only having a 30 day trial period/window before you have to pay a subscription fee to use it .. try the next link I'l post in the next comment but for right now

• Andrepartthree

and here's where you can get the free version of macrium reflect 7 … back before they moved to a subscription model I would have grabbed it during their black friday sale price of $35 (normally $70) but haven't seen it drop to that price in the more recent black friday sales :( .. honestly the free version works fine for me I would have bought a license just to support them but.. with two kids I have to put through college/university and the expenses :( ..

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/where-can-i-download-macrium-reflect-version-7.5014/

• Andrepartthree
    edited May 18

and last comment I swear if you want to buy the lifetime license for $80 for home use

• Andrepartthree

I lied this really is the last comment :)

I also have what some might call this laptop's "cousin" the older Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-57D4 … I think it just missed the cut off that would have let me install Win 11 on it :( (processor not powerful enough, motherboard not supported far as secure boot)… but it did take a crucial mx500 1 TB ssd 2.5 form factor drive .. I love those drives, have purchased several all have worked out great for me, highly recommended by various online reviews.. of course the problem with the laptop the OP has is that installing one of these means you lose the original 1 TB drive that is in the laptop (admittedly a slow mechanical drive compared to ssd but the better option might be to get say that 1 TB adata drive and just keep the mechanical drive so you can get some use out of it ) .. however if you want that's an option too, just take out the 1 TB , 2.5 form factor mechanical drive and put the crucial MX500 which is definitely fast , not as fast as an m2 drive but fast enough in my opinion.. here's the amazon link to it

sadly at one point the 1 TB drives were $50… great deal.. but I think they started artificially limited the production of some sort of chip because manufacturers were made because the prices were too low for ssd drives … I'd argue at $90 it's still a great upgrade for the laptop otherwise the 500 GB is cheaper … amazon asin number ‎B078211KBB

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-MX500-500GB-NAND-Internal/dp/B078211KBB/ref%3Dsr_1_3?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.jqps1WPi_eQXjONGiyOesrehgrr67cCGR1KdxifM1Pm0zQONLJT1E5Av2sOxEX9Z-kIsLsAAbvdbeHpPkdukeNZ3YYebEgy35--5XGw8CAlXkuZASPCjQWTsc_7bozNlAFFrESXVj6BV8qg5Ipp4myDhvtVHAf7IqipwkuH0DMHCA76Zs9vx8j2j-UbQtfzHa5JfLFNzRqV6QbNAx1jbtR9ddN1BBBGVrntKGEptApU.RlmQXvV3ZCh9I3Sf82jv-hXuODKYUsb_cMJ6DoeT8k0&dib_tag=se&keywords=crucial%2Bmx500&qid=1715989888&sr=8-3&th=1

• JackE

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/Andrepartthree Thank you for in-depth report. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Andrepartthree
    edited May 18

I really can't seem to shut up about this laptop can I? :) (the Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H ) .. also upgraded the laptop to 16 GB of ram, two 8 GB sticks, using the "Crucial RAM 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Laptop Memory Crucial RAM 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL11 Laptop MemoryCT102464BF160B" …. CT102464BF160B is the model number but you can also find it on amazon at the link below or by searching asin number ‎B006YG8X9Y… it will cost $14 per 8 GB stick at the time I post this from a 3rd party seller or $18 a stick if you want to go with the safer "shipped by amazon" part meaning amazon handles the returns and has a better/safer return policy. You can also download a crucial program that will let you know what ram sticks will fit the laptop which is what I did.. curiously enough their program mistakenly says there's no m2 drive that will fit in there which is incorrect, there is it's just so old crucial doesn't bother to recommend it anymore probably :P … looks like 16 GB is the most you can put on this older laptop anyways according to the crucial website (do a search for "Crucial Upgrade Selector Tool" and it should give you a link to download a program that will scan your laptop for possible upgrades)

So with 16 GB of ram in the laptop and the 500 GB m2 adata drive mentioned above being my C drive and the original 1 TB mechanical drive the laptop ships with as the C drive being the new secondary drive for files, I upgraded the laptop to Windows 11 only so I could keep getting the security updates (very important) for Windows come October 2025 when Microsoft stops issuing said updates for Windows 10 … I found the performance of the laptop to not be as bad as I thought it would be but I have a feeling Win 10 definitely responded faster maybe it's my imagination.. on the other hand this way I can (hopefully) get a few more years out of the laptop before having to buy a new one anyways, I'm cheap :P .. sadly if it could handle two 16 GB sticks of ram I'm sure it would make Win 11 faster and more responsive, the CPU is holding Win 11 back far as speed.. but hey it works ! :) With luck I might not have to replace this laptop for a few more years, hopefully.

Even with the newer acer laptops if you decide to just buy a new one do your research , check by the model number and see if anything comes up in your google search on upgrade possibilities, there's a good chance you can at least stick a second m2 drive in there to increase storage (the 2.5 form factor drive bays are rapidly becoming a thing of the past on newer laptops) … post a question here on the acer forums with the model number you're looking to buy and the helpful folks here will assist you I'm sure :) .. do ask about both ram and hard drive upgrades , even the newer cheaper laptop models have some lame stuff going on like "20 GB ram maximum supported" or " 1 TB hard drive maximum supported"

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-DDR3-Laptop-Memory-CT102464BF160B/dp/B006YG8X9Y?th=1

• Andrepartthree

okay so looks like my link for the $80 lifetime license (I would hold out for a black friday sale and see if they go back to offering it at half price again) for macrium reflect isn't working but.. just do a google search for "macrium reflect home user lifetime license" and it should pop up