Acer XB270HU-I have a fly that got trapped between the monitor and the front glass and died. Do I h

Options
DJEddieB
DJEddieB Member Posts: 4 New User
I have a fly that got trapped between the monitor and the front glass and died.  Do I have any chance of fixing my $600 monitor?

Answers

• DJEddieB
    Options
    Here is a pic:

• DJEddieB
    Options
    I put my cursor under the fly to show you it is between the glass and the display.  I have no idea how this is even possible.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Boy, I've never seen that either! Now you know the nomenclature behind the computer term "bugs". Back in the early days, when memory cells were still mechanical points that opened and closed, when ants got into the machine they would get squished between the two electrodes and cause that bit to always be off. My dad's first real job was cleaning those out... :)
    Have you tried contacting Acer support? I'd use the phrase 'foreign object' instead of 'bug' myself. As far as I can tell the panel is one piece, the bezel is separate, but I don't believe there's a layer of glass bonded to it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DJEddieB
    Options
    OK, I will try that.  Thank you for your input.
  • MartinRoeder
    MartinRoeder Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same problem with my xb270hu monitor. Could you be kind to let me know the outcome?