How to replace the hard drive on the Acer Aspire C27 AIO

Options
MFNemo
MFNemo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Can anyone tell me how to open the back panel to replace the hard drive on the Acer Aspire C27 AIO? I can not find the information anywhere. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Do you know which C27 model you have? There have been a few different ones... It makes a difference on these because on some versions there are screws you don't want to remove while getting the back off. In general you lay it face down on a pad, remove the stand then remove the screws that hold the back case in place. From there you can pry around the edges and the back cover will come loose.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MFNemo
    MFNemo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you Billsey for the helpful reply. I have the Aspire C27-962. It has screws in the bottom bevel. When I remove them, I can loosen the bottom edge of the back panel. But when I try to loosen the side and top edges of the back enclosure panel it feels like something is still holding it in place, and I don't want to break the panel by applying too much pressure if something else needs to be done first. Your help is greatly appreciated. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, here we go:
    Let us now how well that worked.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Echilon
    Echilon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the Pictures and backplate removal instructions.  Just one note.  The arrows of the comment to NOT remove "These" screws point to the wrong outer edge screws.  But you have the circled ones correct that should be removed.  Had me guessing which to actually remove.  The red circles you drew are the correct screws to remove.  Thanks again for your time to post the instructions and helping us out!