Acer R11 restarting - Chromebook R11 keep restarting after few minutes of use with chrome bowser.

Rcampana
Rcampana Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, my Acer Chromebook R11, OS 84.0.4147.136 (stable channel) keep restarting after few minutes of use with chrome bowser. Firstly, I proceeded with a Hardware reset and then flag reset in the chrome bowser. But after a while the chromebook keep restarting.  After that I did a power wash and the problem persists. Could someone help me with this? Thanks.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• LunaAdmirer
    LunaAdmirer Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    HI @Rcampana

Try to update the OS
    1. Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
    2. Click Settings then click About Chrome OS. Your Chrome OS version will be displayed.
    3. In the “About” window that appears, click Check for and apply updates.
    Click accept if this was useful to you!!  :)
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Thanks, I will try with new Chrome OS version.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Hi, after new update OS 85.0.4183.108 on my Acer R11, still keep restarting after some time. I will apreciate if someone could help me. Thanks.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Is there any indication the Chromebook might be overheating?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Thanls for the answer. No information about overheating. I proceeded with a recovery, and no problem for few days.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Hi, after update, still restarting after about 10 minutos. Any suggestion, please.
  • billsey
    It sure sounds like the CPU cooling isn't doing its job well. Are you in warranty still?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Hi, i tried something new, and so far working: removed the sdcard from chromebook.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Still restarting, even after new version - 86.0.4240.77. 
  • billsey
    It still looks like overheating to me. Can you monitor your temperatures? There are several ChromeOS apps that can do that for you.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Thanks, I will try check for temperature problem.
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

I put new thermal paste, but still restarting. I think the problem is in the hardware (mainboard). As the chromebook is out of warranty, I gave up. Thanks!
  • billsey
    Did you check to verify the overheating? Is the fan running?
  • Rcampana

Tinkerer

Thanks, but its not overheating problem, This chromebook is fanless.