Factory reset Apire Switch 10 E

Options
Pepek
Pepek Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, my friend gave me Apire Switch 10 E to tried factory reset it.
Problem is when i start it it shows acer logo and screen turned grey (it wont show login screen). 
I tried Alt + F10. What it does is on picture number 1 (when i press widows key, nothing happends)
When i tried F2 it opens "bios", i tried to set up recovery tool on flash disk but when i press F12 (when i am starting pc) for boot it shows what is on picture 2.
When i press Windows boot manager it shows gray screen again and sometimes it shows acer logo (after it nothing happening).
What should i do to factory reset it? Am i doing something wrong? I am thankfull for any idea :)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Very likely the Acer image was replaced by one of the big Windows updates. Just download Windows from Microsoft on another machine, use that to create an install flash drive and reinstall Windows from scratch. IIRC they shipped with W8.1 32bit, so likely W10 Home 32bit is the best option. It should remember the activation key since that's stored in the BIOS these days. Also, you might want to download all the drivers from the Acer support site, just in case the Windows install is missing one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.