screen is duplicating and flickering constantly and showing pink and green lines - PH315-51

abhi_1599
abhi_1599 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Laptop Specs:
Model : PH315-51
Ram : 8 GB

This issue happened 3 months ago also, but at that time I cleaned the laptop and thermal pasted it and updated the graphic drivers and the issue was solved, but it happened again. The laptop was in idle mode and suddenly screen started to flicker and the issue came back.
Adding Pics for clarity

Please guide me what can I do to fix this issue.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• abhi_1599

Tinkerer

Things I have done so far:
    - Uninstalled the Nvidia Graphic drivers and reinstalled VGA driver from official acer website.
  • Does this problem occur when accessing the bios? Also, when you connect an external hdmi monitor, is the image displayed correctly? Is your laptop still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • abhi_1599

Tinkerer

It shows the same thing in BIOS, when connected to an external monitor there are no lines and it is out of warranty
  • Did this problem occur after cleaning and gluing the thermal paste? Are you sure you performed the procedure correctly? Also, have you checked the edp cable on the main board and on the display?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shijinbenny
    shijinbenny Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also facing the same issue ,can you please tell me how you fixed that issue
  • SAURABH595
    SAURABH595 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, ABHI 
    IS your issue resolved?

• SAURABH595
    SAURABH595 Member Posts: 2 New User
    As i am also facing the same problem.
  • ChamathD
    ChamathD Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

im having the same issue

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ChamathD,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• ribunzad
    ribunzad Member Posts: 2 New User
    im also having the same issue
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    ribunzad,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• ribunzad
    ribunzad Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Easwar
    Right know the display is flickering heavily and its constantly changing colour.
    I connected an external monitor thru hdmi cable and it works fine but my laptop is having static electric shock throughout the body.

• When you use the notebook on battery power only, do electric shocks still occur? If it doesn't, either your electrical outlet isn't grounded, or your power adapter has a problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xcypher
    xcypher Member Posts: 3 New User
    • Since you said the flickering is even present in BIOS most probably its a hardware issue. I highly suspect the display cable from the motherboard to the display in you laptop is damaged or loose. Try to reseat it or replace it if damaged. Its the cheapest method for now. Try taking the laptop to the service center and replace the display cable. If the problem still persist then its the problem with your screen.
    • Now coming to static shock problem, its due to a faulty power outlet. See if the power outlet is properly grounded and the neutral is giving no current output. Use an electrical tester for this. But be careful. As far as I think it has nothing to do with screen problem.
    Hope it helps :D 

• Aqwert
    Aqwert Member Posts: 1 New User

I am having the same issue. The display works normal half the time and then starts to flicker and look as same as the above. What was the cause of this for the other users. (This happens in bios as well)