QCA61X4A not working (version:12.0.0.910)

Itz5Y
Itz5Y Member Posts: 3 New User
Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4A Wireless Network Adapter is not working on my A715-74G-58F5, I cant connect to the Internet. When I try to connect the stable WIFI of my home, a message (cannot connect) appears. After a few tries restarting the adapter, I can connect for around 5 minutes and it will disconnect again. Sometimes it can't even search my wifi. I tried to rollback driver, and update driver once again, it still cant connect. Should I seek professional help from Acer official staff? Any suggestion will be appreciated

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Open DeviceManager. Click NetworkAdapters folder.  Right click Atheros wifi adapter. Click properies. Click advanced tab. Click preferred band. Change no preference to 2.4GHz band first. If no joy, change to 5GHz band. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Itz5Y
    after 2 weeks, the problem happen again, this time no matter which band I chose (2.4 or 5), my laptop just couldn't connect to the Internet
  • JackE
    After 2 weeks on which band, 2.4 or 5? Which band worked for two weeks? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Itz5Y
    2.4 had been working for these 2 weeks
  • JackE
    Open DeviceManager, click network adapters folder, right click wifi adapter and uninstall it. Exit DeviceManager without re-installing anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detect the adapter and re-install its driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Valentina89
    Valentina89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2021
    My laptop does not see my home network at all, so I cannot connect wirelessly to it. I've tried all options above: I cannot rollback, that option is grayed out. I switched the band. I uninstalled, turned off the computer and back again. My problem is the laptop (personal) sees every other network in the vicinity, but my own. I can connect with my Android phone and with my work laptop. I can make a hotspot and my laptop connect wirelessly to it. I of course did contact my internet provider and there's nothing they can do with my  Windows 10 Acer laptop, since I can use their wifi internet with other devices. Please help. I have all the latest Windows updates. 
  • JackE

This thread is almost a year old. Best to start your own thread for better attention. But a quickfix might be to open DeviceManager. Click network adapters folder. Right click on the wifi card properties. Click advanced tab. Click preferred band. Click from no preference to 2.4GHz. If no joy, try 5GHz band.

Jack E/NJ