ACER AN515-43 Touchpad NOT Responsive

hannabeatricepc
hannabeatricepc Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello, my AN515-43 Touchpad is suddenly not working. No issues encountered before at all. Here's what I did so far to no avail:

1. Restart laptop.
2. Reinstall the 2 drivers (one by one), restart laptop, and check.
3. Fn + F7 key
4. Internal battery reset (press power button for at least 15 secs).

The drivers, although already installed cannot be found in the Device Manager, Device Settings (no touchpad tab/option but Mouse option is visible), and BIOS (no touchpad option as well). It seems as though it's nonexistent. 

Please help!!! Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Have you ever just pressed the f7 key? In addition, there is a version of the bios that fixes something related to the touchpad, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/8033?b=1
    1.Update TP behavior and device manager information when hybrid shutdown. download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hannabeatricepc
    hannabeatricepc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have you ever just pressed the f7 key? In addition, there is a version of the bios that fixes something related to the touchpad, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/8033?b=1
    1.Update TP behavior and device manager information when hybrid shutdown. download

F7 key, not working as well.

I've read that updating/downgrading BIOS can harm my computer. Any advice for this?
  • I do not advise to downgrade the bios. What is the version of the bios? What happens when you press ctrl + s on the main bios tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ITP4UL0
    ITP4UL0 Member Posts: 2 New User

1.Update TP behavior and device manager information when hybrid shutdown.

how to update this in BIOS it's safe? anyone who can try this? 

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021

egydiocoelho Trailblazer