[Predator PH315-53] CPU max fan speed is much slower than GPU max fan speed

by6
by6 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys,

I just brought my Predator PH315-53 few days ago (27-Aug-2020). When I've testing the max fan speed/turbo, I realized that the CPU max fan speed is way lower than the GPU max fan speed. Following is the screenshot.

So my doubt is, am I received a faulty laptop?

Thanks

Best Answer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    by6 the new 2019/20 models have a complete different fan curve regarding the temps also the cpu fan its plastic delta and only the gpu has an aeroblade not defending anyone here but they might actually be right anyway here are some of the fan curve settings form the SG and as long as your temps wont go above 85'ish cpu and 70/75 max on gpu you fne nothing to worry good luck :)

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    edited August 2020
    @by6
    Is it same while gaming and benchmark?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • by6
    @GAMING6698
    Yes, tested the turbo mode while gaming. The max CPU fan speed is as the screenshot.
  • GAMING6698
    @by6
    It may be under return policy, right?

• by6
    @GAMING6698
    Not really sure. I have to contact Acer on the coming working day. https://store.acer.com/en-my/return-policy

The max fan speed for both fans should be around ~6000 RPM right?
  • GAMING6698
    @by6
    Both cpu/gpu RPM will be same
    Contact seller and ask for return and replace 

• by6
    @GAMING6698
    I see. Thanks for the advice!  :)
  • Try this procedure:
    a) access the bios and then press f9 to restore it. Then click on save and shut down.
    b) then, disconnect the power adapter and press the power for 12 seconds and leave the laptop off for 10 minutes.

Also try disconnecting the lithium battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TANTANTAN
    TANTANTAN Member Posts: 55 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited August 2020
    I think this is the software related problem. I also have the same ph315-53 series, same max fan speed as shown in your screenshot. Morover, my unit come with beep sound when I use any headphone. :'(@by6
  • by6
    @egydiocoelho
    Thanks for the solution, I will definitely give it a try. Besides, I also try to do a PC reset. 
  • by6
    @TANTANTAN
    Hi there, I didn't expect others also face the same exact issue. Great info! Btw, I didn't experience the beep sound issue that you described. 

Actually I also encountered blue screen issue while updating the windows. 

It's kinda disappointed to have so many issues with this new laptop. :'(

• TANTANTAN
    edited August 2020
    @by6
    Have you tried to open geforce experience and tried to update the latest nvidia game driver from there ? And your ph315-53 is i5 + 2060 or i7 + 2060 ver ?
  • by6
    @TANTANTAN
    Yes I did. Did you managed to contact Acer support for all those issues yet? 
  • by6
    @TANTANTAN
    My configuration is i7, RTX 2060
  • TANTANTAN
    @by6
    I think it is the common issue for this model. Even you send to service center, I think they will just help to format your new laptop.  ;) For me the fan speed issue is minor issue because the beep sound is more annoying. Totally cannot use that laptop with any earphone. :s  
  • TANTANTAN
    @by6
    And you will see some other user complaining about the same issue ( beep sound ) on this model too. 
  • by6
    I see. I think I will try to contact them ASAP, just these few days are weekend and holidays here.
  • TANTANTAN
    @by6
    So your unit totally no beep sound? Try to open any music or youtube with earphone plugged in and make sure that your nvidia gpu is idle at that time. Because the beep sound goes off when the nvidia gpu is running. Only happen when gpu is idling.
  • by6
    @TANTANTAN
    I just tested, fortunately I'm not having this issue. 
    Btw, I realized that my CPU temperature is considerable high when it is idle, hitting above 50° quite frequently.
  • TANTANTAN
    @by6
    Any solution from your local customer support ?
  • by6
    @TANTANTAN
    This is how they answered. 

Not sure is it acceptable.