Speakers on nitro vg270 not working

Options
faswa1234
faswa1234 Member Posts: 6 New User
Hi, I recently purchased the 1080p 27" version of this monitor and the speakers aren't working at all. I've tried with my ps4, my laptop and even my phone (connected through the audio jack) and the speakers won't play any sound. I was considering just buying external speakers as the return process for the monitor seems like a lot of effort. However, the audio jacks only say "audio in" above them so I'm assuming external speakers won't work either. Is there any setup required for the speakers to work or do I likely just have a faulty monitor?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,094 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number (S/N) and also the part number (P/N)?
    France
  • faswa1234
    Options
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number (S/N) and also the part number (P/N)?
    Serial number: MMTDPEE001
    Part number: UM.HV0EE.001
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Thanks. According to the Acer datasheet, this monitor has built-in speakers (2x2 W).
    1. Did you check Audio option in the OSD menu?
    2. Did you use your laptop through the HDMI port?
    France
  • faswa1234
    Options
    Thanks. According to the Acer datasheet, this monitor has built-in speakers (2x2 W).
    1. Did you check Audio option in the OSD menu?
    2. Did you use your laptop through the HDMI port?
    1. Yes, I checked the audio options and tried changing the volume and toggling the mute option but none of that made a difference.

2. Yes, I used a HDMI cable which I tested with a different monitor first (and everything worked fine).
  • laurent_14
    edited August 2020
    Options
    So the monitor has an issue. You would suggest you to return the product.
    Edited: Last question, the HDMI cable is V1.4 or more?
    France
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Also check the computer itself, a fair amount of the time they don't switch to the HDMI speakers just because you are plugged in. Bring up Sound Settings and check what it's using for the output device.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • faswa1234
    Options
    billsey said:
    Also check the computer itself, a fair amount of the time they don't switch to the HDMI speakers just because you are plugged in. Bring up Sound Settings and check what it's using for the output device.
    When connected to my laptop, the monitor appears as the output device and the volume rocker in Windows even moves but no sound comes out, so I'm assuming it's just faulty.
  • Davestp1
    Davestp1 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    Mine is the same, however I get sound out of my laptop, just not out of the monitor. I have the same one.....
  • laurent_14
    Options
    The French version (same part number) has an audio output:

Could you post a picture of the connectors?
    France
  • laurent_14
    Options
    Davestp1 said:
    Mine is the same, however I get sound out of my laptop, just not out of the monitor. I have the same one.....
    Hello,
    France
  • faswa1234
    Options
    The French version (same part number) has an audio output:

Could you post a picture of the connectors?
    Hi, after looking at the ports again, I realised that I completely missed the headphone logo. I only saw the "audio in" text and just assumed they were both ports for that. I plan on calling Acer soon and asking about the return process, but if it's too much effort I'll probably just put up with it and buy an external speaker. Thanks for the help.
  • tuankhoa
    tuankhoa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello
    I found out the issue. Here is how I fixed the issued.
    • Open Display
    • Advance Display Setting
    • Refresh Rate

If you change the refresh rate down from 75Hz to 60Hz then the monitor will have sound. Hope this helps. 

• FerGo2209
    FerGo2209 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    tuankhoa said:
    Hello
    I found out the issue. Here is how I fixed the issued.
    • Open Display
    • Advance Display Setting
    • Refresh Rate

If you change the refresh rate down from 75Hz to 60Hz then the monitor will have sound. Hope this helps. 

What happends if when I get to the advanced display settings, where I choose display doesn´t appear anything, I cant select my monitor either