How to change SATA mode to AHCI, no setting on BIOS. ACER SWITCH 5 SW512-52

Options
2»

Answers

• Axe306
    Axe306 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    R6E7980XE said:
    1. Boot system on safemode first , then trying to uninstall RST RAID driver once. Reboot.
    2. Hit F2 enter bios select second tab of BIOS then hit Ctrl+S to enable hidden menu change Optane with RAID to AHCI. 
    3. Save setting end exit.
     B) 

I followed the instructions. Booted into safe mode and uninstalled the driver in device manager. Went into bios hit control on the second menu. Nothing happened. 
    Control + S*

Him all, i had the same issue, so i followed "R6E7980XE" steps and it worked fine. here is the exact and clear steps that i did:
    1. Boot system on safemode first, then uninstalled RST RAID driver once.
    2. Restart the system and during the reboot press F2 to enter the Bios/UEFI.
    3. In the Bios/UEFI interface, select second tab then hit Ctrl+S to enable hidden menu "Sata Mode" and change "Optane with RAID" to "AHCI".
    4. Save setting end exit.
    5. Reboot the system normally and it will not boot correctly (Windows can't boot). You will have a Windows blue screen with the option to troubleshoot)
    6. Use this option to boot the system on safemode.
    7. Restart the computer and it's done.

For information : My computer is a Predator PT315-52 | Model Name: PT315-52 | Part Number: NH.Q7AAA.001, the Bios/UEFI version is v1.01.

Thanks for your help guys.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    And the Predator PT315-52 is quite a bit different a machine than the Switch SW512-52...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.