Hotfix v upgrade for compatability issue for epowertray?

Options
Annn
Annn Member Posts: 4 New User

A solution was posted after the compatibility issue message below appeared on 3/13/2013.  My laptop is not listed in the update chart so the "solution" suggests a provided hotfix instead of an update.  Is a hotfix as safe and dependable as a true update?  Thank you.

This Program has Known Compatibility Issues

Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft website. If solutions are found Windows will automatically display a website that lists steps you can take.

Program Acer Updater

Publisher Acer Incorporated

Location c:\Program Files\Acer\Acer ePower Management\ePower Tray.exe

Acer updater has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact Acer Incorporated.

Best Answer

• Annn
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, posted this question too soon.  I saw another post in which Acer said to go ahead and use the hotfix.  downloading now. never mind.  thank you.

Answers

• Annn
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, posted this question too soon.  I saw another post in which Acer said to go ahead and use the hotfix.  downloading now. never mind.  thank you.

• Elena2758
    Elena2758 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Did it work?  I've tried it twice now but it's made no difference

• Annn
    Options

My Acer laptop was not listed specifically, so I downloaded the hotlink yesterday morning.  I've turned the laptop on and off several times since then. The compatibility warning hasn't come back and I haven't noticed anything wrong with performance.  So far, so good, it seems to be working.

• Elena2758
    Elena2758 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Somebody on the other post has de-installed Acer ePower management which has fixed the problem.

My problem is, I have no idea what Acer ePower management is or what will happen if I uninstall it!

• sherburn2
    sherburn2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hotfix link is not working for everyone. I get the same error 404 as I did on all the other things I tried.

This discussion has been closed.