Can't install Windows 10 2004 update on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-78D6

Options
pyuras
pyuras Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, all!

I've tried installing the 2004 Windows 10 update multiple times by now, both through the Windows Update and also downloading the update tool, but the result is always the same: "can't install this update, but you can try again. (0xc00000005)"

Drivers and BIOS are up-to-date according to Acer's website. Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    Options
    @pyuras
    You need to wait a bit more time
    Very soon update will be available for you laptop.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • pyuras

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your reply! Any news on the update?
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @pyuras
    No, soon update will be available
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I advise you to first perform a disk cleanup as an administrator:
    Deleting files using Disk Clean-up to recover valuable hard disk space -  Newspaper - DAWNCOM 
    Then, try to update through this link: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pyuras

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho

Thanks for you reply, but none of what you suggested fixed the issue. Trying to update to Windows 10 2004 still fails with the same error code (0xc00000005), which I gather is driver related. It's kinda unnaceptable that Acer is taking this long to provide the means to update a fairly recent notebook to the current Windows 10 version.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Before updating windows, try updating drivers on the intel and nvidia websites.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pyuras

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, it should be obvious since I said it's a driver related error (according to google) that I would have updated all my drivers before posting in a forum about it. I always keep all my computers with up-to-date drivers, so that's not the issue.

I wonder what update @GAMING6698 is refering to in this thread? Is that a BIOS update? some driver update?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when trying to update windows through this link? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pyuras

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the same problem occur when trying to update windows through this link? https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Yes, I've tried updating both through windows update and downloading the windows upgrade tool, both yield the same error.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try updating the sata ahci controller driver on the intel website.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pyuras

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    Options
    Try updating the sata ahci controller driver on the intel website.

Do you have any specific link for it? I couldn't find it on intel's website and intel's driver assistant didn't find any updated drivers for it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when trying to perform a cold installation of windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pyuras

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the same problem occur when trying to perform a cold installation of windows?

I haven't tried it, as my current Windows installation is working perfectly fine as is. I don't want the hassle of having to install and configure everything I have just for the off chance that a cold install would fix this.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pyuras

Tinkerer

Options
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try restarting the windows update service.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer