LCD Upgrade for Acer Aspire A515 51G 3638

jakesville
jakesville Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,

Okay here's a thing, my laptop screen was broken and I replaced with full HD screen with the model number NV156FHM-N42.  fom 1366 x 768 to 1920x1080. But the problem is that my screen flickers. Do i need to change the edp cable as well?

I have photos attached on this thread. Please help.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    No, you don't have to change the eDP cable, make sure that the cable is inserted properly, without any gaps and aligned, there's also a possibility that the panel you received is faulty(DOA).
  • jakesville
    Hi,
    No, you don't have to change the eDP cable, make sure that the cable is inserted properly, without any gaps and aligned, there's also a possibility that the panel you received is faulty(DOA).
    I was thinking the same thing, i tried my old lcd and it's working fine. I'm suspecting it's defective LCD panel!
  • JMatre
    JMatre Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi good day ,did you successfully upgrade your laptop to fhd? i have the same model , and thinking to upgrade to fhd as well, let me know if it works ty
  • jakesville
    JMatre said:
    hi good day ,did you successfully upgrade your laptop to fhd? i have the same model , and thinking to upgrade to fhd as well, let me know if it works ty
    yes i did but the one i've purchased online was defective i have to buy a fhd lcd locally and now it's working!
This discussion has been closed.