Helios 700 adding memory

Options
Jamking
Jamking Member Posts: 2 New User
Just purchases Helios 700 and in come with 1x16GB memory that I seeing in CPU-Z and running single channel.   I want add 1 more memory  to run dual channel.
Look like Helios 700 come with 4 slots. Any guide to showing how to disassemble to access the stock memory slot?   
Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You have to do a complete disassembly to access the slots, I would suggest you to use the empty slots which are easily accessible through service hatch, I couldn't find any videos for full disassembly  :'( you have to try removing the motherboard at your own risk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzW2mGUL35M
    EDIT:
    It doesn't look very difficult to remove the motherboard but you need to be careful, after disconnecting the cables, remove the screws and take off the motherboard.

• Jamking
    Jamking Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for information. Look install on bottom slot instead is better. 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    Options
    You are welcome  :) yes, if you are confident enough, go ahead and take off the motherboard to install memory module  :)
  • Zimmerwerk
    Zimmerwerk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    If another user come to this place looking for visual Reference i gonna share with you some pics:

External Cover, Slot For memory and SDD exposed. You dont need to remove the external Cover to access this.

This Image is the Main Board and the thermal system removed. There you can see the kind of thermal paste used and the original RAM Modules.

PSD: its not necessary to remove the thermal system, but you are already here and mainteinance of your thermal paste and cleaning its always welcome.

Clean Board ready for the new Thermal Paste.

• bdcovington
    bdcovington Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Zimmerwerk, is there anything you can show via video, or even via explanation, about the removal of the motherboard? Every time I try to remove it, it seems like the back/short side of the board is locked down and won't release, even with all cables disconnected and screws removed.

• Zimmerwerk
    Options

Sure, thanks for taking the time to read my post

I just feel someone else must need this kind of info.

Underneath this plastic cover is a fixed Screw

Watch out for the force applied to remove the board or any other component. You want a healthy Pc, not a dead Brick.

Remember the rest of the screws around the Fans System and be careful when you pull up, remove first any other connection, flat Cable, or anything else.

Best regards,

• bdcovington
    bdcovington Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thank you, thank you thank you, it's shocking how little information about how to successfully access the topside of the motherboard of this machine exists online. Thanks to your comment I was able to successfully disengage the motherboard and fans from the chassis and swap my broken RAM. I'm likely going to make a video myself of how to do this effectively to assist people who are looking for this information in the future.

Kudos, this was so helpful.

• Zimmerwerk
    Options

Your Welcome, and yeaph, Just like i said before, I just want to share some guidance about this topic, there is no public info related out there and I hate to keep to myself something usefull, so here we are now.

Best Luck with your video, and share it on this thread to help someone who need it.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

@bdcovington I will post some pictures of the PH717-72 model:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)