Volume too low, is there another driver?

Options
IsaDesOsiers
IsaDesOsiers Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 (I have owned 3 Acer's now, love them), however the volume is really low when the volume is set to full volume. I wonder if there is a different driver? I checked the driver and it is up to date although I may uninstall and reinstall tomorrow and see if that helps. I also went into the right click speaker icon menu to see if I could tweak something but the controls are almost down to nothing now on Win10. Other than unselecting "Enhancements" I could not do much. Any ideas?

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,323 Pathfinder
    Options
    @IsaDesOsiers
    Open Realtek Audio Console app --> click Sound settings --> turn off ear protection
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • IsaDesOsiers

Tinkerer

Options
    Gaming 6698, Thanks for trying to help but "ear protection" was already off. I did reinstall the driver and it did not make any difference.
  • pradeepkathir
    pradeepkathir Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @IsaDesOsiers,

Please go to control panel > click on sound > under playback select the speakers listed > Now right click on the speakers and do a quick test to check the max volume output.

Note: While trying the above mentioned steps please make sure the volume is set to 100%.

Please share the result to continue further.

Please click like you this helps you and Accept if it resolves your issue.
  • IsaDesOsiers

Tinkerer

Options
    Pradeepkathir,
    I am so sorry I never saw this response until now, literally two years later! I did do the test you suggest, several times. My speakers are working in that test. The problem is more complex and has to do with streaming at the source somehow. So even Netflix has many customers who stream off their laptops or computers complaining that without headphones (earbuds) they can barely hear dialogue, but background music is very very loud.
    I hope that besides the famous go into Speaker Properties, and turning off Audio Enhancements on the Advanced Tab in Speaker properties, there was something else. So far no one seems to be able to fix this. My laptop speakers work, but somehow how they communicate when streaming a film or what have you is AT TIMES, not always, a problem. Sometimes I will watch something on YouTube and the sound is quite loud and I can turn my speakers down to 20, 24, 30, as I used to do a few years ago on my last ACER laptop, but this is rare.