Question About the ConceptD 7 Ezel

Yellowburd
Yellowburd Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hello! I have been searching the web for a new laptop and the Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel really caught my eye. I have never had an Acer laptop but it looks absolutely perfect for my huge and heavy workload as an artist. Plus the tablet mode functionality made my heart set on this laptop. The question I have though is that I can't find anywhere to buy it or even preorder it. I could have sworn it was released. So please if you see this post and you know if it is released or if it is just out of stock or something please let me know. Maybe I might not be looking in the right places, but I have been looking for hours and can't find anything on the subject.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I believe it's in that "announced but not yet available" state. We typically don't have any better idea as to actual ship dates until we see some in the stores or online. I have heard that the time spent in customs is significantly longer for everything these days...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Yellowburd

Tinkerer

Thank you so much! I see, I realize with everything going on it will take some time and I am more than willing to wait for such an amazing computer. Your answer is very appreciated. :)
  • DerekOwens
    DerekOwens Member Posts: 4 New User
    The ConceptD 7 Ezel is in production. They went on sale on the website a little over a month ago and sold out in less than a day. Then just last week they appeared on the site again, and they again sold out in less than a day. I confirmed the "sold out" status with a phone call with an Acer sales rep. I managed to get one last week, though, before they sold out, so I know they are definitely being produced, and I'm typing this post on one right now. It's a nice computer, and it's good to finally have a replacement for my older Acer R7 system. I would recommend watching the site closely and ordering as soon as they become available again. That's what worked for me.
  • Yellowburd

Tinkerer

Awesome! It's good news to hear someone got a hold of one of them it brings me hope that one day I'll be able to get one haha! I also talked to a sales representative and I was advised to check the store on the first Monday of ever month since that's when they said it seems to be back in stock. I also learned that the reason why they go out so fast is because not only just regular customers are buying them up fast but companies are buying them in bulk and sometimes purchasing the whole stock! I'll be sure to keep a watchful eye on the website. Thank you for responding I appreciate it. :)
  • Yellowburd

Tinkerer

UPDATE: I got one! I am so happy to finally have one. Thank you to everyone for your helpful advice!
  • Angelo_Arch
    Angelo_Arch Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    UPDATE: I got one! I am so happy to finally have one. Thank you to everyone for your helpful advice!
    So let's see some work you made on it! I've been loving mine for a lot of 3D modeling and rendering and 2D sketching. Back and forth...
  • Yellowburd

Tinkerer

So let's see some work you made on it! I've been loving mine for a lot of 3D modeling and rendering and 2D sketching. Back and forth...
    Sure! I'm an illustration student so I mainly use mine for school and some personal work. I'd be happy to show some of the stuff I've made while having this computer. I'll attach some concepts sketches and 3D modeling of some stuff I've made so far. I won't be spamming my whole portfolio or anything haha. Also little bit of an update I've been loving this laptop sooo much! It can run so much so easily and is so easy and intuitive to use. It's perfect for my work flow switching between art assignments and other more traditional class work. I've been able to run Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Maya, Unity, and even play games with ease. Obviously if you run a lot of these high performance programs all at once the laptop can get a little hot, but most of the time it has no trouble. Couldn't ask for anything better personally!
  • Angelo_Arch
    Angelo_Arch Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Very, very nice! What app are you drawing in? Adobe's Fresco seems to be the smoothest drawing experience I've had so far.
  • Yellowburd

Tinkerer

Very, very nice! What app are you drawing in? Adobe's Fresco seems to be the smoothest drawing experience I've had so far.
    I use adobe photoshop when I'm drawing or sketching, but that's also just what my school taught us to use. :)
  • TreeC
    TreeC Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello! I've had my eyes on this great laptop myself as I am studying animation both 2D and 3D so this computer sounds like a perfect fit and as I've seen in this thread as well that there is a store link to actually get this computer but everywhere I can't find an actual listing on the Acer website. If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.