aspire A515-54G-55E4- Changing Adapter

star_play3r
star_play3r Member Posts: 3 New User
My charging adapter for the aspire A515-54G-55E4 laptop has now become faulty and now I want to buy a new one.

So which adapter types are recommend for my laptop?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Acer has two part numbers for the power supply for your unit, they are KP.06501.012 and KP.06503.018. Both are 65W 19V 1.1x3.0x7.7 center positive. The key there is the 1.1mm inside diameter to the barrel plug. Many are 1.35mm instead and they do not work well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • star_play3r

Acer has two part numbers for the power supply for your unit, they are KP.06501.012 and KP.06503.018. Both are 65W 19V 1.1x3.0x7.7 center positive. The key there is the 1.1mm inside diameter to the barrel plug. Many are 1.35mm instead and they do not work well.
    The adapter I am looking for is KP.06501.012 with a very thin charging point 1.1mm barrel plug and it is nowhere available in the acer's online store.
  • billsey
    When I Google that part number I see a bunch of hits, you don't have to buy directly from Acer... You can get either part number, they are functionally identical.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • star_play3r
    Yes google was giving me hits of marketplace outside India and not shipping to my country. Although I did found an adapter with a close power output specifications and a pin of the similar dimensions.
    Thank anyway your reply did helped.
  • Sandeep_Jajoo
    Sandeep_Jajoo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited September 2020
    Yes google was giving me hits of marketplace outside India and not shipping to my country. Although I did found an adapter with a close power output specifications and a pin of the similar dimensions.
    Thank anyway your reply did helped.

Can you please guide me where in India did you manage to get compatible adopter for such very smaller pin size?
    I am also facing same issue, my acer a515-54G-55e4 adopter stopped charging and I have searched a lot but not getting adopter of this size anywhere?
    Please do respond asap, many thanks!
    Sandeep xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you wish to provide details to my personal email).

[Comment edited to delete personal information]
  • Husain3000
    Husain3000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    From where to get that adapter. It's no where available. 
  • billsey
    Sourcing them will be different for most locales. In the USA I would use Amazon or eBay as a source...