Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming

12346»

FAQ & Answers

• Nero21Nero21 Member Posts: 191 Mr. Fixit
    @Spleed
    After following this guide your Fps will higher and go more than your Free-sync/G-sync range cause screen tearing.
    Solution- Limit your Fps under Free-sync/G-sync like if you have 144hz then set fps cap to 143 (-2)
  • GAMING6698GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 4,868 Pathfinder
    @Spleed
    Also try to turn off Low Latency mode from Nvidia software →apply→ok
    windows 10 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/48428050
  • fredi55fredi55 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you for publishing this very useful guide, it will surely help me a lot
  • topkid911topkid911 Member Posts: 3 New User
    @GAMING6698 Hi, would you mind share your GPU undervote and overclock settings?

My model : AN515-43-R9B3
    Ryzen 5 3550H
    RX 560X
  • @topkid911
    All GPUs are different so what voltage work for me may not work for you and I just decrease voltage of last two stage from 1100Mv to 1040Mv through Msi AfterBurner because amd radeon software will crash when open tunning tab after unlocking overclocking limit 

• JUNNNUJUNNNU Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jst follow this shortcut: Enable Game Mode in Windows 10. Lower Your Game's Resolution and Graphics Settings. Update Graphics Drivers. Disable SuperFetch (SysMain) Disable Prefetch. Enable Focus Assist. Switch Off Background Services. Uninstall Redundant Programs and Bloatware. regards: CinemaHD World Best Movie gaming company.

If your using Acer Nitro 5: Turn on Radeon boost for both gpu, Radeon boost is new inbuild option comes with and settings. Download and install nitrosense, run fan at Max speed. Optimize power settings, set switchable graphics to maximize performance while plugged in.
    Get more related info on official source: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612495/windows-10-optimization-guide-for-gaming#latest
  • mmiller131mmiller131 Member Posts: 1 New User
    This optimization guide worked great for my setup, but I opted to install the Reg file. Is there a way to ensure that the reg file is non malicious? Also some games on Steam platform are now asking to install additional components I assume it's because of the disable statup options, is it ok to allow Steam to make changes to my setup? 
    edited December 2021
    @mmiller131
    Allow steam to download additional components they are required to run games properly and registry tweaks is 100% safe, you can take registry backup in case if in future you want to revert back registry changes

• BunEBunE Member Posts: 46 Die Hard
    Hello, regarding your step 14

-Now find and disable these services
    1)Connected User Experiences and Telemetry
    2)Distributed link Tracking client
    3)SysMain/Super Fetch
    4)Print Spooler(ignore this service if you use printer)
    5)Download maps manager (ignore this service if you use maps)
    6)Windows search/search indexing 

-One by one double click on it to enter its properties window then click the Stop button and set startup type ''Disable''
    7)AllJoyn Router Service (If you not use any smart devices then disable this service)
    8)Windows insider service
    9)Remote Desktop Services 
    10)Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel service (Windows 10 is now fully compatible with both touch screens and handwriting recognition, but most desktop and laptop systems don’t have that hardware. Disable this service if you don’t use the touch keyboard or a pen)
    11)Windows Error Reporting Service (If you don’t want to send error reports to Microsoft then disable this service)
    12)NVIDIA Streamer Network Service
    13)NVIDIA Streamer Service

For 1-6 do I click on their properties then disable them or is there a different step?
  • @BunE
    From 1 to 13 click on their properties then disable one by one 
    Same for all

• MiacharlotteMiacharlotte Member Posts: 1 New User

Windows 10 is a great OS for gamers, mixing native games, support for retro titles, and even Xbox One streaming. But it isn't perfect straight out of the box.

Some tweaks are required to enjoy the click counter best gaming experience Windows 10 has to offer. Here are several ways to optimize your Windows 10 PC for gaming.

If your PC supports Game Mode, resources will be managed to achieve the optimum frame rate. Additionally, Windows Update will be suspended.

While this is one way to improve gaming performance on Windows 10, Game Mode is not perfect. Keep reading for more Windows 10 gaming tweaks.

• edward_Saifedward_Saif Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 16
    does it effect on that games which run on a emulator, Like PUBG, COD, that does not run without any 3rd party emulator, with 8GB RAM, Corei7-7th Gen, I'm still facing FPS drop... 
    @edward_Saif
    It affects, if you still getting fps drops then check if our laptop/pc is overheating.
    And move games to SSD 

• joseph123joseph123 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thats a great am also a game lover its really work , thank you for sharing this i am very pleased