What's wrong with my "w" key? It works even after I release the button.

Options
TanmayP
TanmayP Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I play CS GO and some other games and since almost all of the games require "W" key to move forward, I am not able to play properly. The problem is, if I press the "W" for around 5 seconds it still works for half a second even after I'm not pressing it. I mean my character doesnt stops right when I release "W" key. It's not like I'm confused with "game physics". So I tried doing the same on other games and had the same issue. To be double sure, I pressed the "W" key for more than 5 seconds on wordpad/notepad too and I had the same result, which is got some extra Ws.

I tried cleaning the W key but it didnt work.(Just cleaned it from above since I couldnt reach below the rubber part)

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,351 Pathfinder
    Options
    @TanmayP
    Have you made any recent hardware or software changes to your computer prior to the issue?

You need to perform a Clean Boot to prevent any conflicting third party applications from interfering with your computer.

To place the computer in a Clean Boot state, you need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below and try to play the game to check the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: You need to follow Step 7 from the article mentioned above to get the computer back to Normal Startup after performing all the steps.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    TanmayP said:
    I play CS GO and some other games and since almost all of the games require "W" key to move forward, I am not able to play properly. The problem is, if I press the "W" for around 5 seconds it still works for half a second even after I'm not pressing it. I mean my character doesnt stops right when I release "W" key. It's not like I'm confused with "game physics". So I tried doing the same on other games and had the same issue. To be double sure, I pressed the "W" key for more than 5 seconds on wordpad/notepad too and I had the same result, which is got some extra Ws.

I tried cleaning the W key but it didnt work.(Just cleaned it from above since I couldnt reach below the rubber part)
    Hi, Im having the same problem with the arrow up key that I use on gaming instead of WASD: it seems to happen when the laptop heates up  on heavy graphical games : have you found any solution yet? 
    Thanks in advance
    Romi