My Aspire 5 keeps flickering and then black screening.

Options
AshMcK
AshMcK Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought my Aspire 5 just over a month ago and I just started having this problem yesterday. While I was running a game, the screen started flickering then went to a black screen and I couldn’t get it to come
back on. I’ve done the battery reset thing, I’ve hooked it up to my tv (and it worked) and I’ve updated the graphics card drivers.

I’m at my wits end with it. My son starts school on a little over a week and we can’t use the ***** computer.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    A515-43-R19L
    This is what it looks like turning it on this morning.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you access the bios, does the same problem occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    No matter what I do, this error still occurs.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check if the same problem occurs when you connect an external monitor to the hdmi port? Also, I advise you to uninstall and delete the video card driver from the device manager and then restart windows. Example

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    Image on the TV is exactly how it should be. Image on the laptop is pink. Everything is pink.
  • AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    I uninstalled the display driver as suggested and the problem is still there. Screen is still pink, streaky and flickering.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you still swap your laptop with the seller? Does the same problem occur when restarting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    I reached out to the seller, but no word yet. And resetting the battery has absolutely no effect on anything.
  • AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    Seller replied and they have no more in stock, so exchange isn’t an option.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you check the version of the bios? Also, does the same problem occur when updating the driver on the amd website?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    The laptop won’t even really let me connect it to a secondary monitor for a long enough period of time to check anything else.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you access the bios and check if the same problem occurs and send a photo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried accessing the bios and now it wont even connect to an external monitor.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter and press the power for 12 seconds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    Are you seriously telling me to turn it off and turn it back on again? Like that isn’t the first thing I did before I ever started this thread? I got a second opinion that it’s a dying (likely now dead) panel in the screen and I’d like to get it fixed.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    As your laptop is still within the warranty period, I advise you to send the device to the acer repair center in your country.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    How do I go about doing that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In which country do you live?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AshMcK

Tinkerer

Options
    United States