Acer Spin SP 111 repeatedly FREEZES when in use

S7191france
S7191france Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello everybody, 

I have Acer Spin SP111-33-C01H
I have to reboot and its ok again for a few minutes/hours then freezes again. The screen stays exactly as it was whilst in use. Last week it was completely fine but now its happens often.
It seemed a lot cooler when the freezing stopped last 2 weeks (temperatures were lower too)

Can't find any fixes to this.
Should I try reinstalling Windows or upgrade drivers?

it happens very often.
And this problem as I see is very "popular" through this laptop series? What can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, freezing the mouse pointer typically means a locked bus, and that's usually hardware. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, somehow I missed your response in August.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    When it freezes can you still move the mouse pointer, or it frozen too?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,693 Trailblazer
    Hello everybody, 

I have Acer Spin SP111-33-C01H
    I have to reboot and its ok again for a few minutes/hours then freezes again. The screen stays exactly as it was whilst in use. Last week it was completely fine but now its happens often.
    It seemed a lot cooler when the freezing stopped last 2 weeks (temperatures were lower too)

Can't find any fixes to this.
    Should I try reinstalling Windows or upgrade drivers?

it happens very often.
    And this problem as I see is very "popular" through this laptop series? What can I do?

Thanks a lot for your help :)

What version of Win-10 are you running e.g. 1909 OS build xxxx.xxx 64bit or 32bit? Try going to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > “Reset this PC” or “Go back to a previous version of Windows 10” could solve your problem(s). Just remember that the Acer Spin SP111-33-C01H has only 4GB LPDDR4 of ram, Celeron® N4000 1.10 GHz cpu and comes with UHD Graphics 600, 64 GB storage and is really on the limit of Win-10 64bit level, hence and why its got these freezing issues. 

• S7191france
    billsey said:
    When it freezes can you still move the mouse pointer, or it frozen too?
    When it freezes I can't move the pointer :( 

Thanks for your help :) 
  • S7191france
    Hello,

I did a fresh install of Windows and the issue is still here :(

Hope Amazon.fr where I bought it will be able to take it back and that I will get a refund :)

Thanks A LOT!
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, freezing the mouse pointer typically means a locked bus, and that's usually hardware. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, somehow I missed your response in August.
  • S7191france
    billsey said:
    No worries, Amazon.fr accepted today to take it back :) Hope I will get a refund... :( 
  • billsey
    Nice! Hopefully the replacement you get will be much better. :)