Having issues with ram upgrade

whisperfright
whisperfright Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi folks, trying to upgrade my girlfriends laptop from 8GB to 12GB (budgeting for now) please find attached photos of new Ram, model number of laptop and specs.

For the life of my i cant work out whats the issue but when i install the new RAM, both on its own in both slots and with other stick I just get a blank screen with no boot and keyboard leds on

Many thanks!

Answers

• Do you have how to test ram memory on another computer? The ideal is always to use memories with similar characteristics and, if possible, from the same manufacturer to avoid incompatibilities. Read the topic of colleague @aphanic: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/608352/guide-how-to-find-out-if-you-can-upgrade-the-ram-and-which-one-you-need#latest
    He explains in detail!
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,457 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020

The AN515-57SS can take a max of mem of 32GB DDR4-2400 to 3200 SODIMM and has 2x slots (2 banks of 1) and comes with OEM mem of 8GB removable.

From your CPUz captions you have Micron Technology - Part Number: 4ATF5126HZ-2G6E1 DDR4-2666 (1333MHz) 2x sticks of 4GB DDR4-2666MHz RAM 1.2V and must be a kit of 2x 4GB. I would suggest that the Crucial DDR4-2555MHz 1.2V CL19 RAM might not be compatible with mixing with the Micron Technology 4GB DDR4-2666MHz RAM.

Also check if you have the latest BIOS for the Nitro AN515-57SS? If not then upgrade the BIOS to the latest but remember that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution" to upgrade to the last BIOS v1.28 dated 2019/09/05 titled 1. Update new battery support. 2. Update Intel ME 1427 for RS6. 3. Update Intel MCU. And see of if that makes any difference to the RAM compatibility and/or of mixing the Crucial RAM with the Micron Technology RAM, otherwise return the Crucial RAM and purchase an upgrade 8GB DDR4-266MHz RAM type RAM made by Micron Technology and see if that will work?

• RageRipper
    RageRipper Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You must not give your serial number away like that