Acer spin 5 wont turn on.

Zetkrum
Zetkrum Member Posts: 3 New User
So circa 2 days ago my laptop started having trouble starting. I press the power button but nothing happens. The little lamp that indicates if the laptop is on also doesn't blink up.
If I wait long enough it will eventually start after I pressed the button enough times. I looked up what could be hindering my acer to start and already „reseted“ the battery (i used a safety needle to poke in the little hole). The battery seems to work fine, it also gives the little light when charging.
I have no clue whats wrong, any ideas?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Have them take it apart again and use a little hot glue to build up the portion of the button that contacts the switch. You need something that doesn't stay flexible and I wouldn't expect there is much needed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Did you do the full battery reset procedure or did you just hit the reset button with a pin? You need to press and hold the button for 15-30 seconds then release and wait 15-30 minutes then plug in and wait for a full charge indication before trying to turn it back on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zetkrum
    Yes I did. But I havnt waited for a full charge. How do you know when its fully charged?
  • billsey
    The charge LED should change from amber to blue.
  • Zetkrum
    I tried it now but it didnt worked. So I gave it to repair and they located the problem: my Powerbutton. Because its are hard to get by tho they didnt switched it out.
    It seems that the silver button you actually press doesn’t connect to the button inside. What could I do?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Have them take it apart again and use a little hot glue to build up the portion of the button that contacts the switch. You need something that doesn't stay flexible and I wouldn't expect there is much needed...
  • Alon01
    Alon01 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hii, i have aser spin 5, he doesn' turn on.

I tried draining the battery by pressing the hole down, it didn't help. I would appreciate your help!

• billsey

@Alon01 rather than posting to an old thread like this one, please use the Ask a Question button and start a new thread. Include you full model number (not just Spin 5, but something like SP5xx-xxx-xxxx), what is happening and what you have tried so far. We'll be able to help you then and a lot more people will see the thread.