Acer 314 1HT keyboard backlight not working

sop68124
sop68124 Member Posts: 2 New User
Does anyone know whether this model has a keyboard backlight?  The manual says it does and can be adjusted by Alt key and the screen brightness key. The store where I bought it says this model doesn't come with a keyboard backlight. Anyway, it doesn't seem to work, which makes it a bit difficult working in dim light.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Yes, the CB314-1HT has a keyboard backlight. Here's what the service guide says:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sop68124
    sop68124 Member Posts: 2 New User
    That's what the user guide I downloaded implied, but I can't seem to get the keyboard backlight to work. Think it must be wrong and it's not backlit. Thanks for your input billsey.
  • jpurdy1002
    jpurdy1002 Member Posts: 1 New User
    sop68124 said:
    That's what the user guide I downloaded implied, but I can't seem to get the keyboard backlight to work. Think it must be wrong and it's not backlit. Thanks for your input billsey.
    Sop68124, I have an acer chromebook 314 and cannot get the backlight to work. I too, think that there is a mistake and they weren't made with it. Really sucks too bc thats the ONLY downfall to this magnificent machine. I keep hoping that maybe I'm not doing it right but I doubt it...currently searching for another chromebook and was thinking about the 315 just for the feature of the back-lit keyboard. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    There are lots of different 314 Chromebook models. Some have backlit keyboards, but likely not all. If yours is the same CB314-1HT-xxxx model it should have the backlit keyboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.