Acer Nitro 5 - AN515-43 Unable to locate attached display for my RX560X

Spectran
Spectran Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi there! Just bought this unit a week ago.
I did user benchmark at www.userbenchmark.com, and I get this warn sign "unable to locate attached display" for my rx560x.

Is this normal?

I also check the AMD Radeon Software and can't seems to find the "Switchable Dynamic Graphics" / some Switchable graphic option in the AMD Radeon Software

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,077 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Spectran
    Follow these steps -

-set high performance in nitrosense both AC AND BATTERY THEN CLOSE
    -After setting up from nitrosense right click on battery option in taskbar and go to power option
    -then go to change plan setting (right side of the high performance plan)
    -Then go to change advance power settings
    -Then find and expand Switchable Dynamic Graphics then expand Global Settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -then find amd graphics power settings then expand Amd powerplay settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -set maximum performance if you have this option available

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• XxmatrixX
    XxmatrixX Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Spectran said:
    I did user benchmark at www.userbenchmark.com, and I get this warn sign "unable to locate attached display" for my rx560x.

Is this normal?

I also check the AMD Radeon Software and can't seems to find the "Switchable Dynamic Graphics" / some Switchable graphic option in the AMD Radeon Software

Thanks in advance
    Hello, keep the AMD Radeon Software on in the background and then run the benchmark!
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Hi, Go to advanced Power Options,  Graphics > PowerPlay - Set Plugged In and Battery to Maximum Performance. Click Apply. Test again.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Spectran

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
    Hello, keep the AMD Radeon Software on in the background and then run the benchmark!
    Done this..
    Nothing's changed. Did the userbenchmark test again. And now the score is even lower haha 

• Spectran

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    Hi, Go to advanced Power Options,  Graphics > PowerPlay - Set Plugged In and Battery to Maximum Performance. Click Apply. Test again.
    Is this Windows 10 settings?
  • batmalin
    edited August 2020
    Yes, advanced power option in Windows settings!

• Spectran

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    Yes, advanced power option in Windows settings!
    Done that. Set it to High Performance. Nothing's changed
  • batmalin
    Hum, there should be something wrong with the driver then...

• Spectran

Tinkerer

XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
    Done. Nothing's changed. Did the userbenchmark test again. And now the score is even lower haha https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31602234

• XxmatrixX
    Spectran said:
    XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:

Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
    Done. Nothing's changed. Did the userbenchmark test again. And now the score is even lower haha https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31602234

Keep the radeon settings running and then run the application!
  • Spectran

Tinkerer

Same thing, nothing's changed. Userbenchmark still cant detect my rx560x
    Did I missed something?
    I play Hitman (2016) atm and it was okay, the graphic card switched to rx560x, there's a graphic card option menu on the game & I double checked it on task manager 
  • XxmatrixX
    Spectran said:
    Did I missed something?
    I play Hitman (2016) atm and it was okay, the graphic card switched to rx560x, there's a graphic card option menu on the game & I double checked it on task manager 
    Now this is pretty wierd, once remove the app from the radeon software and then run the app keeping the software on!

• Spectran

Tinkerer

XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:
    Did I missed something?
    Now this is pretty wierd, once remove the app from the radeon software and then run the app keeping the software on!

Done that. Still the same hahaha 
    I even can play Shadow of The Tomb Raider on low or medium setting with rx560x 
    But still can't figure it out how to test it on userbenchmark.com  :/

• XxmatrixX
    Spectran said:
    XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:
    Did I missed something?

Umm, why don't you try some other benchmarking software like 3D mark, furmark, Heaven benchmark, Cinebench!
  • Spectran

Tinkerer

XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:
    XxmatrixX said:
    Spectran said:
    Did I missed something?

Umm, why don't you try some other benchmarking software like 3D mark, furmark, Heaven benchmark, Cinebench!
    Maybe you right haha just curious  :/
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,077 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Spectran
    Follow these steps -

-After setting up from nitrosense right click on battery option in taskbar and go to power option
    -Then find and expand Switchable Dynamic Graphics then expand Global Settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY
    -then find amd graphics power settings then expand Amd powerplay settings and set maximize performance in both PLUGGED IN AND ON BATTERY

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Spectran

Tinkerer

@Spectran
    Follow these steps -

It worked! muchas gracias, sir!