Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen Not Showing On Monitor?

SippinVodkaa
SippinVodkaa Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So on my Acer Nitro 5, RX Radeon, AMD Ryzen 5, I believe a 2018 Model.
I couldn't run a specific game cause of my drivers.
[THIS IS IMPORTANT TO SAY, MY SCREEN IS CRACKED AND NOTHING APPEARS SO I HAVE TO USE AN EXTERNAL MONITOR TO SEE MY SCREEN]
Anyways, I used this thingy to update my drivers (https://www.amd.com/en/support/)
It said alot off stuff about updating, and uninstalling previous drivers, a bunch of stuff before i clicked the download button.
I think i got around 8 minutes into the download and it seemed to restart but then i saw my monitor wasn't turning on after the computer restarted
I know the Laptop is on because it shows a mix of only WHITE and BLACK when its turned on because the screen is cracked and I can't see the screen without an external monitor
I know its nothing to do with the monitor because I connected my school laptop to the monitor and it worked with no problems.
I waited an hour to see if it was just not letting me use my monitor until the update finished, but no sign of luck.
I forced my computer off by holding down the power button for 10 seconds then powered it on, once again with the Laptop screen on but the external monitor not on.
Any help?

Answers