Power Options > "When I press the power button" is on default "SLEEP"

Ryan28
Ryan28 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Is it just me or its weird that The "Power options > Choose what the power buttons do >  when i press the power button" on Power Options is on default sleep and below that is "when i press the sleep button" is also in sleep. It must be shutdown right? because Shutdown and Sleep is both different because I noticed my almost 2 months predator helios 300 draining batt even when on shutdown because when I use it at night its plugged in and it said full charge 100% but the following day it now 96% but sometimes its just 97%. I also searched maybe its my peripherals but i think its not and I also tried the powermanagement at device manager of the usb 3.1 controllers but still draining. Another one that I find weird is that at "Power Options > Plan Settings > Change advance power settings > Power Buttons and lid > Power Button action > on battery and plugged in is also in sleep? its just weird and those must be shutdown right? and not sleep. But now that I changed it I will try to observe when my  laptop is shutdown a couple of hours and check if the batt is still draining because i dont believe that the battery of the laptop is the suspect here and it must be the default settings of the power options on win 10. I'll let you guys know if thats the case. Thanks! Pinoy Numba one! hehe

Answers

• Ryan28
    " U P D A T E " 08/08/20

1st Test: Laptop is shutdown 6 hours and 30 mins and I found out that my battery percentage is still 100% full charge! Which gave me hope that this is the solution right here! later on I will be conducting my 2nd Test which will the laptop will be shutdown for approximately 11 hours.
  • Ryan28
    Unfortunately 2nd test resulted 95% of battery charge after 11 hours which is a bummer but still my last and final test will be 11 hours again of my laptop being shutdown but in this case all peripherals like the USB Headset, Mech keyboard, audio jack and power plug will be removed. cheers!
  • Ryan28
    In addition to what I said here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will be tweaking some things at the registry and one last change at the power options. I found this at this site https://windowsreport.com/battery-drain-shutdown/#1
    and i will be following: Hope this works..

Solution 1 – Disable Connected Standby feature

Solution 6 – Disable Fast Startup