Why isnt my Recovery download starting for my Acer C740?

Agamnon
Agamnon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently had my Acer C740 Crash on me, and when I looked a bit deeper, I got the error: "recovery_reason: 0x5b  No bootable kernel found on disk"

After about an hour of trying to get the recovery files for the C740, its stuck at "Writing. 0% completed"

How do I fix this? On both parts, if there is a way that I can powerwash the computer from that page, or to get the download to move past that point.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    As I said in your other thread, I think it's most likely the drive has failed, which is why it's stuck trying to write.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Agamnon
    Agamnon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Im trying to download it to a thumb drive, do I need to get another one for it to work?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I am sorry, I thought your error message was while trying to restore the image, not while downloading it. What process have you been following to create the recovery image, and on which step is it hung?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.